Ingrid's Work

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Ingrid's Work

Postby heartofdavid on Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:39 pm

Anyone have an opinion on Ingrid's solo cd or her role in the film Graffiti Bridge? Personally, I didn't care for the film, thought it was dull. The cd is okay, but not my 'cup of tea'.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:54 pm

I'm not a huge prince movie's fan so i avoided this movie when it came out. I sort of want to see it now to see her role in it.

I enjoy her cd... its good. It isn't my favourite but i do have a couple songs on it i enjoy.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:02 am

Well I just listened to her cd again ... in fact its finishing up right now. I like the music but i think the writing might be a bit too wordy in some instances. I think a cd of her sort of soft meditational monotone pretty voice is abit much.

You know what... I think she should do a meditational cd. I think her voice is very soothing and would be great for exactly that. Plus, if you watch Time Spent she almost is doing a buddhist recitation at the beginning....

From what I've heard or read lately David mentioned Ingrid isn't doing music anymore. Wish he'd mentioned what she is doing... I think she has a lot to offer...
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:42 am

In some of the early blemish interviews, he mentioned that she's into photography, but I think she always was. She did one of the press photos for blemish, the one of David in Times Square.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Bern on Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:39 am

She recently exibited some photographs under the title "India" at the Mariposa museum in Peterborough New Hampshire
Bern
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:45 am

oh wow thanks for letting me know. I have always really liked the photos she's taken. I wish I had known about her exhibit in NH I would have made a trip up.
I will keep my eyes peeled for her photo work :-)

Isn't it funny how david has always gravitated to photographers??
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to General Discussion