gossip

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

gossip

Postby dylan kerr on Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:30 pm

hi guys/ladies
thanks for your replys now i need a wee bit of advice how the web site works
i have got a fantastic collection of cd's everything lp's singles that i would like to know if its a great collection
are there any japan/sylvian nightsd anywhere or is it just a wee dream that people in scotland enjoy his music
whats your fav songs/poems art anything be great to hear your thoughts
i think my fav right now is pocketfull of change
i look forward to hearing from you
dylan kerr
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: gossip

Postby anortherncod on Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:43 am

dylan kerr wrote:hi guys/ladies
thanks for your replys now i need a wee bit of advice how the web site works
i have got a fantastic collection of cd's everything lp's singles that i would like to know if its a great collection
are there any japan/sylvian nightsd anywhere or is it just a wee dream that people in scotland enjoy his music
whats your fav songs/poems art anything be great to hear your thoughts
i think my fav right now is pocketfull of change
i look forward to hearing from you

Hiya Dylan

Maybe you could post what is in your collection, and then we could all be really jealous? :D

The only Japan night at a club I have heard of was, unfortunately, one in London a while ago - it was posted on the Pioneers Yahoo Group.

Pocket Full Of Change is indeed a tune... so many to choose from, let me think... Sugarfuel is a fab tune as well, off the top of my head. But picking a favourite would be pretty difficult for me!

Natasha
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby japanfan on Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:11 pm

Im a bit pissed off no Glasgow clubs have done a Japan night. Id love a club in a similar vain to NAG NAG NAG to open in Glasgow.
Japanfan - The luminescent, mysterious, and androgynous New Romantic.
http://www.myspace.com/sylvianfan
japanfan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Stoobie on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:43 am

There is a bar local to me called "Blue Monday" which heavily features 80's music !

Alas no specific Japan Nights though !

Stoobie
Stoobie
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:33 pm

Perhaps all you guys up there in Scotland should get together and organise your own Japan Festival for the summer! A weekend of Japan Mania! Bring your collectables and your lipgloss and party! :smt035 :smt041
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:47 pm

I think we should organise them ALL OVER the country :-D

Natasha
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:28 pm

anortherncod wrote:I think we should organise them ALL OVER the country :-D

Natasha

Yes we probably should and we definitely could, but judging by the general lack of response to the Questions for JBK thread, how many people would be interested in helping out and/or actually attending? I mean, if it was left to us to organise it (and I'm not suggesting I'm incapable of doing so ...) would it be just you and me, a bottle of red wine and 2 straws??? :lol: :lol: :lol: LOL!!!

OK - do you want to take this seriously? Would Japan fans in the UK want to attend some sort of weekend Japan-fest? Where? When? What would be on the programme of events? Would it be an afternoon evening thing or just a Saturday nite thing? Who would be interested? Good idea - but it would take a lot of planning! :lol:
Image Image Image
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:25 pm

If you organise a thing like that, I'd probably would go as long as it's not in late May/ early June since I'm on exams at that time.

But I need a holydays and that would be an incredible excuse to travel outside of the country. :-D
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Melaszka on Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:30 pm

In principle, yes, I'd love to attend, but practically speaking (I care for elderly parents and I don't like leaving them overnight - although, to my shame, I did for the RFH gig) it could be difficult for me. I really hope this does go ahead, though, because it sounds like a lot of fun.
Melaszka
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:18 pm

Astronaut wrote:OK - do you want to take this seriously? Would Japan fans in the UK want to attend some sort of weekend Japan-fest? Where? When? What would be on the programme of events? Would it be an afternoon evening thing or just a Saturday nite thing? Who would be interested? Good idea - but it would take a lot of planning! :lol:

Yes, yes, yes! Anywhere, and I would be interested, even if it's just you and me with 2 straws!!!

Natasha
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:37 pm

Hurrah positive responses! I love positive responses!

OK. Here's my thoughts on this matter for what they are worth:
Anyone organising this type of event needs to know the following:
Approximate number of people who want to attend - need to know in advance in order to book suitable venue. If large numbers wish to attend then a venue would have to be paid for so who would pay for that?
Should it be a one night only event? (If it proved a success it could be repeated and expanded upon ...)
Should it be held in London? Or somewhere central for everyone? Bear in mind transport issues.
Is there anyone out there browsing this forum who was involved in organising the Bamboo parties of old??? Any suggestions/contacts?
I know we have a lot of music industry pros on this board, anyone want to volunteer assistance re: musical contributions/suggested playlists?

These are just some of my concerns/ideas, so ... :-D

Natasha, I've sent you a PM about this, let me know your thoughts :lol: .

Speak to you all soon,
Astronaut. x.
Image Image Image
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:11 am

My thoughts on this are as follows...

It might be better to arrange to meet as a group of friends and just go to the pub or for something to eat the first time.

Whoever organises a venue, etc etc, is going to have a LOT of work to do. Meeting up on a casual basis would test the water to see how many people could, and wanted to, come. We could pick a city, arrange to meet in a prominent place in that city, and whoever turns up is welcome.

How about that?

Natasha
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:41 am

anortherncod wrote:My thoughts on this are as follows...

It might be better to arrange to meet as a group of friends and just go to the pub or for something to eat the first time.

Whoever organises a venue, etc etc, is going to have a LOT of work to do. Meeting up on a casual basis would test the water to see how many people could, and wanted to, come. We could pick a city, arrange to meet in a prominent place in that city, and whoever turns up is welcome.

How about that?

Natasha

Great idea Natasha! OK then, where do we want to meet up and when? :D I can get to London, but you're oop north in Manchester! Where would be a good central place for us all to meet up? Suggestions please ....
Image Image Image
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:19 pm

Astronaut wrote:
Great idea Natasha! OK then, where do we want to meet up and when? :D I can get to London, but you're oop north in Manchester! Where would be a good central place for us all to meet up? Suggestions please ....

OK, well, I know London is difficult for a lot of people, but there are also a lot of other people who find it easy to get to.

For my part, Manchester-Euston is only 2 hours and if I know in advance I can book train tickets for about £30 - I've done it before.

Manchester itself might be a good bet for the Scots among us, but I'm happy to meet in London. Saturdays are good for me, as long as I know beforehand, because I am working on about 12 Saturdays this year.

(Also London has some fab record shops we could all visit!)

How does everyone feel about that?

Natasha
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby japanfan on Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:21 pm

Id prefere a town between the middlelands and the north of England such as Buxton.
Japanfan - The luminescent, mysterious, and androgynous New Romantic.
http://www.myspace.com/sylvianfan
japanfan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to General Discussion