David Sylvian book - The Last Romantic

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

David Sylvian book - The Last Romantic

Postby Blood of a Poet on Mon May 08, 2006 3:45 pm

This is the best book yet on David Sylvian - "The Last Romantic"

You can get it at Amazon.co.uk HERE - they will ship anywhere in the world.

Below is a synopsis from Amazon's website:

"David Sylvian spans three decades of image-conscious pop culture. From South London schoolboy in the Seventies to respected composer of the Nineties and beyond, he remains a uniquely fascinating hero. This new edition of Martin Power's acclaimed biography explores every detail of a unique life. The formation of Japan, their signing to Ariola-Hansa in 1977 and a shaky career start. Success with a new glamorous image and two classic albums Gentlemen Take Polaroids and Tin Drum and the band's break-up and the start of Sylvian's solo career. Acclaim for Brilliant Trees, Gone to Earth and Secrets of the Beehive as well as Sylvian's most recent solo work Blemish. Includes many interview and reviews of all Japan and Sylvian albums, this unique biography delves into the compelling world of the Lewisham lad who became the Last Romantic."
~ Blood of a Poet ~
Blood of a Poet
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby proggrl on Wed May 10, 2006 11:25 am

I agree, this is a great book. I've just recently picked it back up and started skimming through it. The writing alone simply sucks you in.
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Thu May 18, 2006 11:32 pm

I am in complete agreement. One would like to imagine it is a quite accurate portrayal. I should reread it.... Only took me a couple days last time as I recall.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sun May 21, 2006 6:44 pm

I enjoyed the book too, but it contained alot of reviews of his and Japan's work, which seemed to be quite harsh at times. That was hard to read at times, but all in all the book is good.
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to General Discussion