Dreaming of Japan

Talk about anything Japan-related.

Postby godisinthesilences on Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:53 pm

E.T. wrote:
when I took a bath a while ago, I was awake but very sleepy, somehow I see an image in my brain, David walking in Japanese forest.

could this be a memory of seeing him in Preparations of a Journey?
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby E.T. on Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:21 pm

hmm, :shock:
I never heard of Preparations of a Journey, I heard it for the first time now. :wink:
I think, maybe that image was inspired from the old interview of Steve which I read tonight, after RTC, interviewer commented "Japan was the band like a deep forest of hard to get out (sea of trees of Fuji), they were suffered by their early visuals which they made for comfortable space."
whatever gets you through the night
E.T.
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:55 pm

E.T. - wow you've never seen david's documentary on his polaroid work and its creation? This documentary is called Preparations of a Journey. There is a section where we see david walking through a wooded area observing/enjoying nature. I don't have a way to make you a copy but i am sure someone on here has it to share.

You must see this it is wonderful!

Actually it may still be on YouTube... I'm not sure since many things of david's have been removed.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby E.T. on Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:21 pm

god, thanks for the info. :)
I searched youtube, but I couldn't find it. :(
I hope someday I see it somewhere.
(btw, David was around 49 in my image. While Steve and Richard were under 30 in my dream!)
whatever gets you through the night
E.T.
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:41 pm

hhmm that is wild, E.T.! I still can't believe David is nearly 50 ... I try not to think about. LOL

Is it just me or has he seemed to age considerably since 2004 tour? I mean what (other than his divorce) happened in the last 4 years to age him so quickly?
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:25 pm

godisinthesilences wrote:hhmm that is wild, E.T.! I still can't believe David is nearly 50 ... I try not to think about. LOL

Is it just me or has he seemed to age considerably since 2004 tour? I mean what (other than his divorce) happened in the last 4 years to age him so quickly?

He already is 50.

I thought he looked...not his best, tired and aged...during the Blemish tour - in photos from the concerts and a few interviews, he looked scrawny and very drawn on his face (just a little too thin). I think he looks better now, looking at the photos people have posted from the last tour - seems he put on a little weight. A smile makes a big difference too. I don't like the fuzz face thing on either him or Steve - think the grizzled look is aging.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Cheery Cherry on Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:51 pm

A smile on David always makes a difference! I love David's smiling face. His whole face seems to light up and his teeth are beautiful :D.
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:44 pm

cherry and i were talking this morning about how thin david seems compared to steve. I mean looking back over the 30 years since they were in japan and super gross skinny Steve looks normal now... healthy. David still looks rather thin and frail... a bit. Yes he looked slightly better on this tour than blemish... probably for obvious reasons. But I meant aged wise. He seemed to just age a good many years in a short period of time. Although i did notice steve has gone quite grey as of late too.

And yup i totally forgot he turned 50 this year....

I just worry over our slight framed brilliant man.....
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Cheery Cherry on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:34 pm

I hope the reason for David's thin-ness isn't health related.
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:45 pm

i sort of think he doesn't eat the best... especially when working hard or travelling. I remember hearing something about how he was really only eating popcorn during the tour.... i'm sure that is all just rumor and speculation. He just doesn't seem overly interested in food... I have a friend who has issues eating. Like she forgets, but if someone makes her something and puts it in front of her she will eat. Otherwise she has to really think about taking care of her health. I'm sure super busy people do need reminding....

hhmmm i'm not super busy... wonder what my problem is??? LOL
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Cheery Cherry on Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:28 pm

How does one forget to eat? I have been super busy before but I always stop and get something to eat. I think David just needs someone to take care of him.
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:24 pm

I remember hearing that he passed out on stage during the Shamans tour.... I guess he ate too little (the popcorn thing) and smoked too much.

Did anyone on here attend that show?

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Chet on Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:11 am

I heard that Bowie was only eating watermelon for a couple of years in the 70s.
rumor and speculations again I guess...
And my heart sings of many things
Chet
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:05 am

Cheery Cherry wrote:How does one forget to eat? I have been super busy before but I always stop and get something to eat. I think David just needs someone to take care of him.

Quite easily I'm afraid Cheery Cherry. I went through a phase last year (and sometimes even now) of forgetting to eat and it's nothing to do with being 'too busy' often it's the reverse. It's being so down that you just can't be bothered. "I'll do it later ..." only later never arrives and then you're not hungry anymore anyway, so ...

I'm very lucky I now have a housemate who very kindly reminds me to EAT SOME FOOD! :-D LOL!
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Chet on Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:12 am

have anybody ever seen any of these buddhist guys beeing anything but slim.
seems there are better things to do than to eat, they put focus on something else I guess...
And my heart sings of many things
Chet
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion