Dreaming of Japan

Talk about anything Japan-related.

Postby Astronaut on Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:06 pm

godisinthesilences wrote:
Astronaut wrote:
godisinthesilences wrote:I'm mostly a vegetarian. I get sick... very sick if i eat meat too often. I don't really enjoy eating it either. Sort of nauseates me.

Ditto! Exactly the same thing here! I guess I can't claim to be a 'proper' vegetarian since I do still eat fish but no other meat - no thanks!!! BTW: thanks for the info about the parasites - that is totally GROSS! :smt078

Let me gross you out even farther... there is a method of ridding ones self of many these parasites and you get to see them when you go poo.... gross and cool all at the same time :-)

Fine by me - if you want to give me medical instruction then can you do it via PM- as I dont want the entire Japansylvian community heaving onto their computer keyboards all at the same time - might cause an electrical disaster of global proportions! :twisted:
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:22 pm

tee hee... sure no problems... actually it wouldn't make you puke....
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby E.T. on Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:53 pm

mmm, I feel like recently I read somewhere mr. Fripp said "recently I played with Sylvian after long while" ... maybe it was dream or I'm confused.
whatever gets you through the night
E.T.
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:01 am

Of course I discover this topic after I've forgotten all my good Sylvian dreams. :(

I do remember one from a couple of years ago, but my memory's a bit foggy. Either that or the dream wasn't much to begin with. I was in a really large and ugly reception hall. Brown berber carpet and a generic chairs (like this) arranged in a long rectangle. There was about twenty feet of space between the chairs and each of the walls, which was filled with random bits of luggage so there wasn't a lot of walking room. I took a seat in near the front and noticed that the guy sitting diagonally in front of me looked really familiar... well, at least the back of his head did. I did see the face of who Mr. Familiar was talking to, though- Ryuichi Sakamoto. Bizarre. I turn away and go about my own business when the familiar guy turns around and locks eyes with me for what feels like eternity. It was David, circa 1980, wearing that black suit/yellow vest combo. We keep staring at each other and it turns out the reception hall is really the (really huge) cabin of an airplane, so we're flying... somewhere. And that was about it.

Now, I once had a dream that was I was frolicking on a playground with Xena and the Keebler Elves (I used to watch a lot of tv- I once had a much more colorful dream in which The Tick took out a contract on my life but ended up killing Robin Williams in the process, oh I miss those weird dreams). I'd like to have that dream again, but have Japan show up as well. Something tells me it'd be interesting.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby E.T. on Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm

godisinthesilences wrote:E.T. - wow you've never seen david's documentary on his polaroid work and its creation? This documentary is called Preparations of a Journey. There is a section where we see david walking through a wooded area observing/enjoying nature. I don't have a way to make you a copy but i am sure someone on here has it to share.

You must see this it is wonderful!

Actually it may still be on YouTube... I'm not sure since many things of david's have been removed.

oh gods, I could see "Preparations For A Journey" on somewhere proper place...
Thank you Mr M :D
David walking through bamboo trees... omg beautiful video, beautiful garden, temple, polaroids, carps... beautiful side of Japan :) I love it!
thank you thank you thank you!!!
music is great too, I have one of bulgarian album (4ad) :)
whatever gets you through the night
E.T.
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re:

Postby suzannahsylvian on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:36 am

heartofdavid wrote:I write down the dreams I remember, often put them in my LJ - I tend to remember best the ones I have just before I wake up.

I don't think I've ever had a dream (or else I don't remember) where they were band members, actually part of a musical group - don't know why that is.

Yeah, I always record the dreams I love and want to remember the most. Looking back on the ones I have recorded, I laugh! Hahah! I want a David Sylvian dream! But when I wake up I shall be really annoyed that it wasn't reality. x
suzannahsylvian
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Dreaming of Japan

Postby Barbierian on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:46 am

I've always been a prolific dreamer and quite often they can be quite vivid and at times bizarre - this sometimes puzzles me as I consider myself very grounded and laid back but mostly my dreams are a strange combination of what has been happening in my life only jumbled up together.

This forum must be getting to me as I had a dream about David about a week ago. I would say that he was a young David probably about the time of 'Brilliant Trees' but I was me as I am now. Anyway, I was standing on a platform waiting for a train, which arrived and as I boarded it I saw David sitting looking out of the window (he wore the suit from around the time of Nightporter). As the seat next to him was the only one free I calmly approached it but felt a bit awkward and wished there had been somewhere else I could have gone but as I prepared to sit down he looked straight at me and smiling warmly said 'hello' almost as if he had been expecting me. We then went on to have a indepth discussion about his life, his music and how he felt about the Japan years (he was very positive and I remember being a bit surprised by that and thought he wouldn't have wanted to talk about it) he then asked me about my life and showed real interest, smiling and nodding quite a bit and when I told him about losing my Dad a couple of years ago and how deeply it had effected me he placed his hand on mine and squeezed it. As we arrived at our destination and alighted the train we said goodbye and shook hands and as he walked away I thought "well, what a lovely down-to-earth, approachable man and there was I thinking he'd be all stuffy and self conscious".

I'm assuming David was there in the dream because I've been more or less glued to the forum since joining but I have to say I haven't caught any trains recently. Perhaps I should, you never know who you might meet :wink:
Barbierian
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby suzannahsylvian on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:49 am

Barbierian wrote:This forum must be getting to me as I had a dream about David about a week ago. I would say that he was a young David probably about the time of 'Brilliant Trees' but I was me as I am now. Anyway, I was standing on a platform waiting for a train, which arrived and as I boarded it I saw David sitting looking out of the window (he wore the suit from around the time of Nightporter). As the seat next to him was the only one free I calmly approached it but felt a bit awkward and wished there had been somewhere else I could have gone but as I prepared to sit down he looked straight at me and smiling warmly said 'hello' almost as if he had been expecting me. We then went on to have a indepth discussion about his life, his music and how he felt about the Japan years (he was very positive and I remember being a bit surprised by that and thought he wouldn't have wanted to talk about it) he then asked me about my life and showed real interest, smiling and nodding quite a bit and when I told him about losing my Dad a couple of years ago and how deeply it had effected me he placed his hand on mine and squeezed it. As we arrived at our destination and alighted the train we said goodbye and shook hands and as he walked away I thought "well, what a lovely down-to-earth, approachable man and there was I thinking he'd be all stuffy and self conscious".

Oh my God that is truly awesome! Theres only one thing I'd change about that dream if I had it - I wouldnt 'shake hands' with him.. ;) If you get my drift! Hahahaha ! x
suzannahsylvian
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Barbierian on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:56 am

suzannahsylvian wrote:Oh my God that is truly awesome! Theres only one thing I'd change about that dream if I had it - I wouldnt 'shake hands' with him.. ;) If you get my drift! Hahahaha ! x

If it had been Mr B I was saying goodbye to, rest assured things wouldn't have been quite so formal lol :-D
Barbierian
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby neonico on Sun May 10, 2009 2:58 pm

i had a dream about david but the older david now , i meet him in usa we changed adresses has we had dinner together vegan
i didnt eat a lot he as well then he came to my place and said that i was very creative and schould do something about it as just sit around i remember holding hands and we cuddeled thats it im afraid. :oops:
neonico

Postby suzannahsylvian on Tue May 19, 2009 4:59 am

Removed.
Last edited by suzannahsylvian on Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
suzannahsylvian
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Barbierigirl on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:58 pm

Have any of you ever read about the idea of putting a picture of someone under your pillow and that night you're supposed to dream about them? Well I tried that once with a picture of Steve and it worked! It wasn't that good as he appeared quite briefly but still...It was worth it :-)
People change and forget to tell each other - Lillian Hellman
Barbierigirl
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby inkinthewell on Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:19 pm

Barbierigirl wrote:Have any of you ever read about the idea of putting a picture of someone under your pillow and that night you're supposed to dream about them?

That explains why I always dreamt about giant teeth whenever I put a tooth for the Tooth Fairy under my pillow. :D
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Barbierigirl on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:36 am

Last night I had a dream that David was young (1983/84) and he was in a private hospital room which was very dimly lit, he was in pain lying in bed, sweating, twisting and turning and almost groaning. (his pain must have been bad!) anyway I came in to the room and he asked me who I was and what I was doing there and I explained that I was there to look after him and keep an eye on him for a little while (I must have been a nurse or something). David's pain went away quite quick and I assumed that he had something where your pain comes and goes (I think his pain was in his abdomen). Next he was asleep and he looked so peacefull and I felt for him because he was so tired and exhausted after fighting his pain for however long it was. I went to do something like wash my hands or scrawl something down on a clipboard and then when I turned back David was awake and I was standing beside his bed when he reached out and held my hand very gently. And then near the end of the dream I was sitting beside his bed and he was asleep again but his arm dropped out of the bed and I didn't know whether to pick it up and put it back in the bed or not because I didn't want to wake him. At the end we were both walking out in to the hospital car park together and he was carrying a black overnight bag. Before I woke up I had a sort of flashback where his arm had dropped out of the bed and I touched his hand to put it back in the bed but as soon as I touched him he woke up. I haven't got a clue why I dreamt this!

In the David Sylvian 85 gallery there is a pic titled red shirt, this is exactly what he looked like when we walked out in to the car park.
People change and forget to tell each other - Lillian Hellman
Barbierigirl
Fanatic
Fanatic

Previous

Return to General Discussion