and for the oldies...(hee)

Talk about anything Japan-related.

Postby arieleleven on Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:54 pm

krausy wrote:Awww, thanks for your kind words Ariel-----in fact, I got a text from my niece Stephanie tonight thanking me for a cd I bought and had sent to her---it is the one called "Only After Dark" a compilation of old school dance songs by John Taylor and Nick Rhodes of DD!!!!! I played it for her when I was visiting last month and she loves it!!!

I am sooo glad to have someone who knows the Enz material---I have spent many a year feeling like the only person in the state----sometimes the whole United States---that loves them and understands them. Those two songs you mentioned are favorites, and just about everything else too.

What a great cd you sent Stephanie! It must be so much fun introducing them to such festive and quality music -- and the fact that Nick and John are involved is just a bonus!

Split Enz were and are sadly underrated in the States, I agree, considering what amazing material they had. Neil and Tim Finn were always my second favorite musically-inclined bortherly duo.
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:57 pm

[quote="arieleleven
Neil and Tim Finn were always my second favorite musically-inclined bortherly duo.[/quote] Bortherly? What the hell is that? :-)

Obviously, I meant brotherly...I need to stop posting when I am this brain dead, ha.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:58 pm

Poisoned_Apathy wrote:
krausy wrote: I hope they do a volume 2!!!!! A little disappointed they did not include some Japan but who knows---could have been an "issue" with that so oh well---I like what did get on there!!!

I was a little bit disapointed too for that. I watched an interview with Nick where he says that probably they'll release a second volume!! :P

Excellent news!!
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to General Discussion