Have you ever attended a Japan concert?

Talk about anything Japan-related.

No
54%
No but I have attended a concert of one of the members.
23%
Yes!
23%

Total votes : 26

Postby Silver Moon on Thu May 11, 2006 5:20 pm

Just wondering! I would also love to hear about it if you have!

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby proggrl on Thu May 11, 2006 9:56 pm

Not Japan :( But I have seen Sylvian, Jansen and Barbeiri in different incarnations.
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sonic_chronicler on Fri May 12, 2006 4:04 am

One of my big regrets is that I missed seeing Japan play live, but I am pretty lucky because I've seen all of them play (except Rob Dean)

Sylvian on the 88 'In Praise Of Shamans' tour (with Jansen & Barbieri, David Torn & Mark Isham) (London 3 dates + Newcastle)

Sylvian & Fripp 93 Road To Graceland (with Michael Brook, Trey Gunn & Pat Mastelotto) (Royal Albert Hall London 2 dates)

Sylvian Slow Fire 95 (Royal Festival Hall)

Sylvian Everything & Nothing Tour 01 (with Jansen, Tim Young, Keith Lowe & that idiot Matt Cooper) (London & Nottingham)

Sylvian Fire In the Forest 03 (with Jansen & takagi masakatsu) (Bristol, Manchester & London)

Jansen Barbieri & Karn London Astoria (2?) (with Steven Wilson & Theo Travis)

Richard Barbieri Bush Hall London 05 (Tim Bowness & Markus Reuter on the same bill)

I've also seen Barbieri as part of Porcupine Tree more times than I can remember starting in 95 (Newcastle Riverside with about a dozen other people)

--------------

Don't know what my favourite would be, maybe slow fire or FITF @ Bristol because I was in the front row.

Wish Nine Horses had toured.

Sonic
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri May 12, 2006 4:44 pm

Sonic,

In a recent interview, Mr. Sylvian mentions the possibility of Nine Horses touring after a second album! Rain, Snow or shine I will BE THERE if they tour!

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby proggrl on Fri May 12, 2006 6:43 pm

In a recent interview, Mr. Sylvian mentions the possibility of Nine Horses touring after a second album! Rain, Snow or shine I will BE THERE if they tour!

-Kera-

I hope that includes the US!! That'd be sweeeeet. :smt041
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri May 12, 2006 8:14 pm

Yes! I know! I'm afraid if it's in another country I wouldn't be able to go! Thought I may be able to pull off Canada or Mexico =-) The very thought of seeing David Sylvian live makes my day!

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby sonic_chronicler on Sat May 13, 2006 4:44 am

I'm there if it happens!!! :)
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby MoodyB on Sun May 14, 2006 2:30 pm

I count myself fortunate in having seen the boys on the farewell tour (Sons Of Pioneers), but I was far too young to appreciate it!

I've seen David at the following venues:

Hammersmith Odeon, London '88
The Town Hall, New York '95
The Town Hall, New York '02
Park West, Chicago '02
Koninklijke Schouwburg, The Hague '03

I also got to see JBK play with No Man at The Marquee in '92
after the final Bamboo party.
I dare say that if I had still been living in the UK I would have
caught even more shows!
"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis (1998)

http://www.chriscrader.com/
http://stores.lulu.com/Eurotech
MoodyB
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Wed May 17, 2006 12:33 pm

Wow, you lucky people who have seen Japan etc in concert...*seethes with jealousy* :D

Alas I've never seen any of them live but will be getting my ass into gear if Nine Horses tours....
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Wed May 17, 2006 10:20 pm

Loving this website by the way---many many thank yous from me!!!!!!!!

I'm with you folk in the "no" category, but I am also with you on the possibility of the "Nine Horses" tour!!! I just sold my house and I am tucking a little $$ away for that blessed event if it should occur. 8)

And the ones who have been incredibly lucky to see them together and/or apart, wow!!!! Sooo cool!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sylvian girl on Thu May 18, 2006 3:29 pm

Silver Moon wrote:In a recent interview, Mr. Sylvian mentions the possibility of Nine Horses touring after a second album! Rain, Snow or shine I will BE THERE if they tour!

-Kera-

I havent seen any of the boys live ( :cry: ) but if this Nine Horses tour turns out to be true - i think i will cry with happiness and no matter when or where they play - I WILL BE THERE :smt060 :smt049 :smt049
sylvian girl
Regular
Regular

Postby Silver Moon on Fri May 19, 2006 4:05 pm

YES I can tell you that I will be there too, whether the Ice Age is happining and they are playing in northern Canada, I will pack up some snowshoes and hike up there!

Also, it would be cool to meet some of you guys if you went to the same show as me... Just a thought.

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby MoodyB on Fri May 19, 2006 4:31 pm

Silver Moon wrote:YES I can tell you that I will be there too, whether the Ice Age is happining and they are playing in northern Canada, I will pack up some snowshoes and hike up there!

Also, it would be cool to meet some of you guys if you went to the same show as me... Just a thought.

-Kera-

I organised a pre-show meet up before the NYC '02 show which was a lot of fun! It was nice to put a real face on people that I had known online for some years.
It was funny at the Chicago show, I had people come up to me out of the blue, (who recognised me from the interenet) wanting to shake my hand like I was in the band myself!
Lmao!
"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis (1998)

MoodyB
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri May 19, 2006 4:37 pm

That's awesome! I would love to do that if Nine Horses had a show! That's funny about how people were treating you like you were in the band- I would probably do that too! You and David Sylvian are basically "BFF's" as the kids at my school would say ;-)

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby MoodyB on Fri May 19, 2006 4:40 pm

Silver Moon wrote: You and David Sylvian are basically "BFF's" as the kids at my school would say ;-)

-Kera-

"BFF"?
I'm almost afraid to ask! ;-)

MoodyB
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to General Discussion