quick Japan poll

Talk about anything Japan-related.

Which do you love the most, early japan adolescent sex etc or later gentlemen take polaroids etc

Early Japan
25%
Late Japan
75%

Total votes : 4

quick Japan poll

Postby Barbierigirl on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:40 pm

I have just been listening to Dont Rain on My Parade, Automatic gun and a few of Japans timeless gems when I realised that Sylvian is much more better to watch when he is giggling on stage and struting his stuff rather than stuck in front of a mic like they're later performances, therefore I prefer Japans earlier stuff. What do you guys think. :smt017
Last edited by Barbierigirl on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
People change and forget to tell each other - Lillian Hellman
Barbierigirl
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: quick Japan poll

Postby Bern on Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:43 am

I think it's obvious from many Sylvian interviews that him on stage giggling or strutting his stuff was a cause of great angst to him, I think their is an honesty and purity to him as a performer nowadays
Bern
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: quick Japan poll

Postby Barbierigirl on Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:55 am

I do agree with you and I am not denying that Davids work as an artist with late Japan or solo is honest and pure and I know he doesn't look back too fondly at his early performances with Japan but I was just conveying my own opinion of the way Japan performed early in their career and I still enjoy watching Davids later stuff when he's standing behind a mic and not strutting around the stage, I have a great amount of respect for David (and every other member of Japan) so I just want to make it clear that I thoroughly enjoy any performance David has to give nowadays. I do appreciate your comment though.
People change and forget to tell each other - Lillian Hellman
Barbierigirl
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to General Discussion