David's Eyes?

Talk about anything Japan-related.

David's Eyes?

Postby sexandpolitics on Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:31 am

Has anyone else noticed that in many photographs, David's eyes seem to be a bit off kilter in the way that they are looking in different directions? The glasses he wore during the Tin Drum days were probably for looks but does anybody else have information on this? I know that if someone snaps a picture of you at the right moment, it can look like your eyes are going two different directions...But maybe this is why David's eyes are so striking?
sexandpolitics
Regular
Regular

Postby heartofdavid on Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:44 am

I've noticed this too. His right eye wanders slightly towards the right. It's not noticeable in every photo and I've wondered if it's something that occurs when he's tired.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:31 pm

it could just be a touch of lazy eye... we all have one eye that is a bit lazier than the other, it tends to be more noticeable when one is tired.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:55 am

I've noticed this on a lot of people, but never David, curiously - ah it's an excuse to study his eyes more closely... :roll: :D
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:32 pm

Yeah, I've seen that. It may be just related to the camera flash, though. My eyes get all wonky like that if someone snaps a picture of me and I'm not expecting it- my left eye sort of closes partly and appears to look a different direction from the right, and and I don't have any existing condition that would cause it. It just goes crazy on me. Maybe David's the same. And my sister had corrective surgery for strabismus and like Heart said, when she's tired, her eyes will go off in different directions.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Cheery Cherry on Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:42 pm

Hmmm, I seriously thought that David wore prescription glasses...and not just for looks. I have noticed the "lazy" eye. My boyfriend, who is also named David, has a lazy eye and it is more noticeable when he is tired.

When I opened this thread, I thought it was going to be about the color of David's eyes. Sometimes they look blue, and sometimes they look brown to me...maybe it's the lighting...
Cheery Cherry
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Rhodesia on Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:39 am

Yes....it happens when you have a bad vision.....
the same thing happens with John Taylor of DD
he used to wear really big glasses when he was young.....then start use contact lenses..... :smt036

sorry about my english guys..... :roll:
"...And love blows through Rhodesia ..."

Rhodesia
Regular
Regular

Postby Moonshadow on Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:45 pm

Eyes tend to do that when you have vision problems, I think is that you're just trying to focus on what you're looking.

About the colour, never notice the brown thing, but sometimes they look green to me instead of blue
Moonshadow
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Hawk on Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:23 pm

Funnily enough, I wrote my dissertation about the expressions and characteristics of eyes. This quote comes to mind:

“The face…with more open eyes and irises centred in the eye, seems more outward looking. The face…with eyes slightly more closed and irises slightly more separated, seems much more detached.”
(Faigin 1990)

I looked at well known tv personalities and also cartoon characters and it was surprisingly true! You could tell how introverted someone was by the position of their pupils or irises!

On the other hand...realistically...I'd probably go with the lazy eye theory!! Although I must admit it hadn't really seemed that obvious to me until you mentioned it. I think very few people probably have perfect vision.
Hawk
Obsessed
Obsessed

Return to General Discussion