Band favourites

Talk about anything Japan-related.

Band favourites

Postby lastgoldstar on Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:05 pm

Out of curiousity, does anyone know whether any of the ex-members have a favourite Japan album? Or not necessarily a favourite but an album any of them would name as Japan's best work? I seem to recall reading an article a while back in which David names Quiet Life as their most complete work or whatever, but I could be COMPLETELY wrong- maybe I imagined reading it or something. :roll: Has anyone information on this?
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:10 pm

Some more recent articles (around blemish time) I've seen with David have him naming "Tin Drum" but he has made favorable comments about QL and he must be fond of it to have performed "The Other Side of Life" on the last tour.

Not sure about the others, it depends on the article. Steve and Mick at different times have stated a preference for "Tin Drum".
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:29 am

Yes, I read David's comment about Quiet Life. I get the feeling the one they DONT like is Adolescent Sex...

They will probably have totally different and very personal reasons to us for liking or not liking one particular album. For instance, I bet they all secretly wince sometimes when they think of Tin Drum, as it was effectively their swansong and was created amidst so much stress and bad feeling....
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:36 pm

heartofdavid wrote:Some more recent articles (around blemish time) I've seen with David have him naming "Tin Drum" but he has made favorable comments about QL and he must be fond of it to have performed "The Other Side of Life" on the last tour.

Hmm, yes, I figured David preferred Tin Drum. At least I know I'm not crazy about the Quiet Life bit. 8)

kinki wrote:I get the feeling the one they DONT like is Adolescent Sex...

Ha ha, I'll say!

kinki wrote:They will probably have totally different and very personal reasons to us for liking or not liking one particular album. For instance, I bet they all secretly wince sometimes when they think of Tin Drum, as it was effectively their swansong and was created amidst so much stress and bad feeling....

I think you may be right there.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to General Discussion