Japan/Sylvian in the Movies or on TV

Talk about anything Japan-related.

Japan/Sylvian in the Movies or on TV

Postby Fire Rose 45 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:56 am

Hi! I was just wondering what Japan or Sylvian song you think might fit in a movie or TV show you've seen. For example, I can imagine "Waterfront" being used in a serious moment, say between Elizabeth and Will, in one of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies. Any others? :-)
"The question that sometimes makes me hazy... am I or the others crazy?" -- Albert Einstein

"This band is perfect - just don't scratch the surface." -- Duran Duran
Fire Rose 45
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Astronaut on Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:27 am

Hello Fire Rose - excellent topic for discussion! I'll get back to you when I've had time to give it some thought. In the meantime - really like your signature and it reminded me of this quote from T. E Lawrence (of Arabia fame):

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible".

Indeed! :-)
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Fire Rose 45 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:07 am

Hi Astronaut! Thanks for the reply and the great T. E. Lawrence quote. It is similar to the Poe signature, but then they say great minds think alike. Anyway, I'm looking forward to your reply on Japan/Sylvian in the movies or on TV. Take care. :-)
"The question that sometimes makes me hazy... am I or the others crazy?" -- Albert Einstein

"This band is perfect - just don't scratch the surface." -- Duran Duran
Fire Rose 45
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby anortherncod on Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:31 pm

I have never seen a video for World Citizen, but I had an idea to film one for it around an area of Manchester called Wythenshawe. It's a deprived area and unlike other areas it's cut off from the rest of the city by a motorway - problematic if you don't drive; Manchester is shaped like a slice of cake with Wythenshawe at the bottom.

Anyway, that might say a bit more about me and how pretentious I am rather than anything else...

Natasha
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to General Discussion