Tin Drum
29%
Oil On Canvas
9%
Rain Tree Crow
6%

Total votes : 34

Postby sylvian girl on Thu May 18, 2006 8:34 am

I think Quiet Life or GTP - there's no way i can choose between them.....or maybe Tin Drum because lets face it, that album is just pure genius :smt050 I do adore the two earlier albums as well though :-D

I'll never be able to choose :smt050
sylvian girl
Regular
Regular

Postby krausy on Thu May 18, 2006 2:28 pm

I have to say Tin Drum, because it is the first album I bought and the sound is so unique.

My favorite in the car is Oil on Canvas---I let it play over and over and over........................
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Fri May 19, 2006 5:42 pm

Currently listening to 'My New Career' - goosebumps the size of marbles on me arms! Yep, GTP definitely edges Tin Drum....BUT ONLY JUST...

Tomorrow I'll probably listen to Still Life in Mobile Homes (my favourite track on TD) and change my mind again...!
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Fri May 19, 2006 11:37 pm

kinki wrote:Currently listening to 'My New Career' - goosebumps the size of marbles on me arms! Yep, GTP definitely edges Tin Drum....BUT ONLY JUST...

Tomorrow I'll probably listen to Still Life in Mobile Homes (my favourite track on TD) and change my mind again...!

Those goosebump moments are awesome, aren't they? :-D
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Sat May 20, 2006 9:47 am

Yes, they are! :smt020 *sigh*
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sat May 20, 2006 11:26 pm

proggrl wrote:Yes, they are! :smt020 *sigh*

I remember getting goosebumps over songs when I was just a young kid, and I thought "how weird" and then as I got older, I would try to "hide" them in case someone would notice--sometimes people would and ask, "Are you cold?" :lol:

Like I am supposed to explain THAT to them--they would for sure think I was crazy!!

Now I just don't care----music is my passion!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Favourite Album

Postby Some Kind Of Fool on Sun May 21, 2006 1:39 pm

My first purchase was Gentlemen Take Polaroids, which is still capable of sending chills down my spine.

However, it's actually Quiet Life that wins my vote. Hallowe'en and Alien are just remarkable.

I probably like Adolescent Sex the least, judging by the amount of times I play it.
Some Kind Of Fool
Noob
Noob

Re: Favourite Album

Postby kinki on Sun May 21, 2006 4:10 pm

Some Kind Of Fool wrote: Hallowe'en and Alien are just remarkable.

Yeah, know what you mean...Mick's bass is absolutely mindblowing on Alien...

Some Kind Of Fool wrote:I probably like Adolescent Sex the least, judging by the amount of times I play it.

Hehe really? I love it...particularly 'Performance' and 'Wish you were black'....nope, I never tire of 'Adolescent Sex'..
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Tue May 23, 2006 9:00 am

krausy wrote:
proggrl wrote:Yes, they are! :smt020 *sigh*

.... then as I got older, I would try to "hide" them in case someone would notice--sometimes people would and ask, "Are you cold?" :lol:

Like I am supposed to explain THAT to them--they would for sure think I was crazy!!

Now I just don't care----music is my passion!!!

That's funny. I never hid it at all! In fact, I was proud of it and would show it off like: "Look! Look what this song is doing to me!! AMAZING!" As if that made "my" music superior! No, my music being better than everyone else's made it superior! :-D
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Tue May 23, 2006 11:45 am

I was one big goosebump yesterday as at various points during the day I listened to some of Mick's solo stuff from his mySpace page, then some stuff from his website, then Tin Drum, then Rain Tree Crow for the first time, then finally, courtesy of MoodyB, that video of Angie Bowie and Mick on the OGWT...(trying very hard to block Ms Bowie's ramblings out)

:D
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby MoodyB on Tue May 23, 2006 12:04 pm

kinki wrote:I was one big goosebump yesterday as at various points during the day I listened to some of Mick's solo stuff from his mySpace page, then some stuff from his website, then Tin Drum, then Rain Tree Crow for the first time, then finally, courtesy of MoodyB, that video of Angie Bowie and Mick on the OGWT...(trying very hard to block Ms Bowie's ramblings out)

My what grand musical overload! ;-)
Good for you!
A lot of people have left negative comments abooout Angies' poetry, I actually don't think it's half bad myself...Her outfit is another story though!
You will notice that one of Mick's bass runs on that ended up appearing on Dalis Car...
"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis (1998)

http://www.chriscrader.com/
http://stores.lulu.com/Eurotech
MoodyB
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Tue May 23, 2006 12:15 pm

MoodyB wrote:
kinki wrote:I was one big goosebump yesterday as at various points during the day I listened to some of Mick's solo stuff from his mySpace page, then some stuff from his website, then Tin Drum, then Rain Tree Crow for the first time, then finally, courtesy of MoodyB, that video of Angie Bowie and Mick on the OGWT...(trying very hard to block Ms Bowie's ramblings out)

A lot of people have left negative comments abooout Angies' poetry, I actually don't think it's half bad myself...Her outfit is another story though!
You will notice that one of Mick's bass runs on that ended up appearing on Dalis Car...

It's not so much that her POETRY is bad, it's more the movements she made, the way she presented it and yes, the outfit. :lol:

Kinki, a musical journey like that, and I'd still have goosies for days after. I get them more and more now for some reason, and I live in FL. Must be all the AC I have to endure! :wink: Or perhaps not.
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Tue May 23, 2006 12:27 pm

No, her poetry wasnt all THAT bad, to be fair, but Id rather just listen to Mick's bass on its own thank you very much... :D

(I actually quite liked her outfit - it's just so...80's... :wink: )

AC - does that mean air conditioning?
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Tue May 23, 2006 1:02 pm

kinki wrote:
AC - does that mean air conditioning?

Yep---and a means of survival in Florida. And I'm headed there in July---that is just a little foolish don't cha think?
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue May 23, 2006 1:11 pm

I chose Tin Drum as it was the very first time I'd heard Japan. Nick Rhodes and Simon le Bon were hosting Mtv over here and playing their fav. videos. Well, Nick talked on about Japan and played Visions of China. I was hooked from that moment forward. Sadly at this point they were already seperated. However, it did allow me to move on to David's solo career and for me it is his voice and lyrics which i'm most attuned to.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion