Soundstreet Interview

Talk about anything Japan-related.

Soundstreet Interview

Postby Sylvian's Beard on Sat May 03, 2008 9:04 am

Do you have the Visions of China bootleg? It has an interview from that time, and it's so great hearing them laugh together, and joke around and be funny with one another...I love the part where they tell about what they're doing for the new year, and David says Steve will be in "Some bar some where.." just hearing them laugh made me laugh lol...and also hearing them talk about how they find older women sexy, and David says something like "Well, there is a limit on how old..." and they all laugh..
http://www.myspace.com/hanoi123
Meyrav wrote:Can you imagine David sitting on an elephant topless?!
Sylvian's Beard
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Soundstreet Interview

Postby Astronaut on Sat May 03, 2008 10:33 am

Sylvian's Beard wrote:and also hearing them talk about how they find older women sexy, and David says something like "Well, there is a limit on how old..." and they all laugh..

Sadly, no, I don't own a copy of this bootleg interview, but it sounds great! So they liked 'older' women eh? Interesting. They would have been about 23 years old at the time of the interview right? Hmm, well David and Mick proved the point by dating Yuka Fujii who, I believe is 7 years older than both of them. However, now that they are all in their 50's, I wonder if they still find women older than themselves 'sexy'? Or whether they'd do a Bruce Willis and go for a much younger woman? (BTW: Willis is 53 and he's dating a 29 year old 'glamour' model!) ...
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Sat May 03, 2008 11:53 am

Are you just wondering whether they now prefer younger women, my space travelling friend, or is there a not-so-hidden agenda to this question...? :wink:

Natasha
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Mon May 05, 2008 4:28 pm

Actually I was wondering because men who say they prefer older women are usually only in their twenties at the time they say it. Once men hit their forties and fifties (and I don't wish to offend anyone here, but ...) they don't tend to find older women (with a few exceptions like, erm, maybe Charlotte Rampling or Helen Mirren) as sexually alluring. That's all. Just my opinion ... :)
Image Image Image
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Mon May 05, 2008 4:32 pm

Now, this is a family forum of course, but they do say that women are at their peak at around 40 while the poor men are downhill all the way from their 19th birthday. I don't need to explain any more, do I...?

Natasha
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Mon May 05, 2008 4:54 pm

LOL! That is so true! And also rather amusing! Hey! Explains a lot too!
Image Image Image
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby tallulahtaurus on Mon May 05, 2008 7:44 pm

Oh my the Sound street interview is so funny. Steve's miniature bottles of sake...the best David Sylvian lookalike ever...

Fantabulously lolsome.
I must say that they are more giggly than I imagined they would be but I adore that so much.
"This island of blue
Where life clings to your hands
Like water and sand
Will loose it's way when you're gone"
tallulahtaurus
Obsessed
Obsessed

Return to General Discussion