Interested Thread that Came Up about Japan....

Talk about anything Japan-related.

Interested Thread that Came Up about Japan....

Postby Sylvian's Beard on Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:39 pm

On a different board. It shouldn't be too difficult to figure out who I am.

http://www.metalsludge.tv/phpBB2/viewto ... sc&start=0

It seems my constant pushing of Japan's music has actually prompted a few people to buy their albums!
http://www.myspace.com/hanoi123
Meyrav wrote:Can you imagine David sitting on an elephant topless?!
Sylvian's Beard
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:59 pm

Good on you, Quantavius keep up the good work!!

I see you used the pictures I put up in the 4th November 1985 thread... if you would like a couple of others taken about the same time with all four in them... just let me know!! :D
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:46 pm

Had a bit of a look through some of the threads on that site... (a bit of a closet metal head.... )

Heck, they don't like my favourite teenager do they???

If you had to buy only one metal/heavy metal CD last year, (or even early this year), it would have to be Angel Down by Sebastian Bach. The man, even though he is as hyperactive as anything (probably in part to the "red cordial syndrome"), he has a remarkable voice.

My all time favourite of his is the power ballad he did with Skid Row - Wasted Time. It was supposed to have been written about Steven Adler from GNR.
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Sylvian's Beard on Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:45 am

ellyn sylvian wrote:Had a bit of a look through some of the threads on that site... (a bit of a closet metal head.... )

Heck, they don't like my favourite teenager do they???

If you had to buy only one metal/heavy metal CD last year, (or even early this year), it would have to be Angel Down by Sebastian Bach. The man, even though he is as hyperactive as anything (probably in part to the "red cordial syndrome"), he has a remarkable voice.

My all time favourite of his is the power ballad he did with Skid Row - Wasted Time. It was supposed to have been written about Steven Adler from GNR.

Did you know that Sebastian is a fan of Japan? Yep! I messaged him on myspace, and he said that Adolescent Sex was one of his all time favorite albums. I still have the message...

Body:

absolutley ............. adolescent sex is one of my favorite albums
----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: May 9, 2007 11:23 PM

Is it true that Baz is a fan of the new wave/glam rock band Japan?!

Haha! Cool, huh?
http://www.myspace.com/hanoi123
Meyrav wrote:Can you imagine David sitting on an elephant topless?!
Sylvian's Beard
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:35 am

That I did know. Sebastian has great taste!!!

Over here in NZ on C4, there is a documentary series called "The History of Metal", which features quite a few interviews/snippets from him, - and Snake Sabo, (although I can safely say, they wouldn't have been interviewed at the same time!!). Sebastian actually comes across as an interesting kinda of guy, one who does know what he is talking about, and is still a big fan of musicians like Japan - and Kiss!! (In the last episode, he told of being beaten up as a kid at school because he liked KISS!!)

I watched a video of Skid Row with that new guy the other day, it just isn't the same without the scream (and sex appeal!) of Sebastian Bach!!
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to General Discussion