The Damage Is Undone.....

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

The Damage Is Undone.....

Postby Ingrids Wheels on Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:35 pm

Ive often wondered if the song `Thalheim` is a nod back at the track `Damage`.

From DAMAGE we have the line "and i hurt and i hurt and the Damage is done"
Perhaps Sylvians response to the final split from Yuka, ut upon meeting Ingrid, and falling in love again and travelling around, `Thalheim` brings him to a positive outcome......"The damage is undone....."

Keeping with both albums ...Damage(live) and `Dead Bees On A Cake` another lyricall nod from one to the other, possibly, are the tracks `The First Day` and `Alphabet Angel`. The song `The First Day`, hints its the first day of a long dark road ahead from a failed relationship, but by `Alphabet Angel`, "The Longest Day Is Over"......
Am i spending too much time alone, or do others think these are connected....and if so, are there other songs, that hark back to previous pieces ???
So We Made It Our Own
This Snow Borne Sorrow
And This Love
Stutters And Splinters
Ingrids Wheels
Noob
Noob

Postby godisinthesilences on Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:59 pm

my understanding is Thalheim refers to his spiritual awakening in which he experienced in Thalheim Germany.... He spoke of having a rebirth of sorts at this time and place with one of his gurus he studied under at this time.

By the by... Thalheim is my all time favourite david sylvian song.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Bern on Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:43 am

Damage is actually a track he wrote for Fripp after his mother died during their collaboration, listen to the track now on knowing that and you will get it
Bern
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Solo Work