What should David do next ?

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Postby Waves on Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:58 am

Or see him with a santa beard, hé but thats the photo-joke in seasons sphere... when he was with Japan...

But now I'm very intense interested what kind of atmosphere he will be creating on his new recordings.

And on the other hand I was glad with a new You Tube one of JAPAN - Cantonese Boy - 1982 . Guess thats because back in time I only had the vinyls and never saw them on TV. So seeing that video makes it very nice going back in time.
Waves
Regular
Regular

Postby sonic_chronicler on Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:44 pm

baht habit wrote:but when I read a suggestion such as this or the suggestion that the fan would like to hear Sylvian do covers of golden standards, I can only wonder if we are all listening to the same musical artist.

Sometimes it's good for Sylvian to step away from trying to achieve high art - I really enjoy his version of 'Somewhere'

I'm not saying I'd want to hear a whole album of Christmas songs, but sometimes, it's good for an artist to 'play it straight' As much as I enjoy the challenging stuff, some of my favourite Tom Waits songs are his ballads.

Sonic
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Fire Rose 45 on Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:39 am

I hope to hear more songs like "Waterfront", "Damage" "Riverman" and "Wave". I think he is at his best on these songs. They are so beautiful and in my opinion he has the voice of an angel on them.
"The question that sometimes makes me hazy... am I or the others crazy?" -- Albert Einstein

"This band is perfect - just don't scratch the surface." -- Duran Duran
Fire Rose 45
Fanatic
Fanatic

Previous

Return to Solo Work