Help with Blemish

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Help with Blemish

Postby Lady Arcadia on Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:15 am

Hope I have put this in the right place...

Anyway, need a bit of help. I have decided that me and digi packs just don't go together (actually I knew this for a while, but today confirmed it yet again!)

Anyway, my digi pack copy of Blemish is now completely munted. My question, is this CD also available in a jewel case? Have been looking through on line stores and all seem to say digi.

Help!!

Ellyn
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:22 am

i don't think it available as a jewel case. Why not put the softer more fragile case away and keep the cd in a jewel case ? just a thought....
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:14 pm

godisinthesilences wrote:i don't think it available as a jewel case. Why not put the softer more fragile case away and keep the cd in a jewel case ? just a thought....

I'm with ya on that Gods. I have never seen that release in jewel, but yeah, go to the office supply and get a jewel case for it, or if you have a spare at home, even better.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:12 pm

what i usually do is copy my cds i want to not ruin... then use those instead of the actual cd which i put into a safe place
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:56 am

Thanks for all the replies. This disc itself is ok. just the digi pack has fallen to pieces.

Was wondering, has anyway come across the cases you put the digi-packs in? Sort of like an oversized jewel case. I remember seeing a couple of while back, maybe that is what I need....

Ellyn
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:23 am

But I think the point we're all trying to make is - if you put the CD in a separate jewel case or make a copy of the CD and put it in a separate jewel case, then the original CD AND the digipack stay in mint condition. :)

Haven't seen any protective casings made for digi's so good luck there. I'd say the easiest way to go is to follow the suggestions above. May not help with the one you currently have, but will save any ones you get in the future. :)
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:29 pm

I might have a solution. There's an archive storage supplier, www.bagsunlimited.com - all sorts of stuff for preserving music (in various formats) and printed material.

They don't have something specifically for digipaks, but they do have polypropelene (sp?) envelopes with resealable flaps that are designed to store cds in jewel cases - I have some of these and they work very well for digipaks that are still standard size - like SBS and Blemish, and the Japan/Sylvian remasters.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Solo Work