questions for david

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Postby Lady Arcadia on Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:23 am

camphorvan, loved your post. It is true, well I believe it anyway, that if you give up the youthful part of you, you may as well check out. Too many people let the child within them die, they also become very boring people.

For a few years I had stopped listening to Sylvian, this was mid 90s, and felt something was missing, a release that I had. Listening to his work allows me to "let go" of all the crap that face each day. (A couple of years ago it was a great way of coping with all the came with Workplace Bullying.)

As you said, his experiences are similar to what many here have experienced also. Like I had posted earlier...

" I know from the little I have gathered, that you have gone through some rough stages in your life. Stages that can be documented in part by the level of musical output and the image produced from the music. I would like to say thank you for making that music available, it has meant a lot of me to know that others go through the same types of pain, yet still come through to the other side"
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:04 am

Thank you Ellyn. Appeciate your comments and I'm sorry you've been through a rough time.

I always advise women to sleep with me if they've had a bad time. This gives them the impetus to never sink so low again and thus their lives are immediately improved. I call it the 'Camphorvan 5 step plan'.

Step 1: Get hideously drunk
Step 2: Sleep with Camphorvan
Step 3: Wake up next to Camphorvan - run screaming
Step 4: Run away from Camphorvan (clogs optional)
Step 5: Improve life immediately if not sooner

Additionally (and for one week only), the Camphorvan: Make Me A Flan Plan is available.

Step 1: Make a flan
Step 2: Invite people around
Step 3: Look at the flan, with your new flan-fan friends
Step 4: Eat the flan
Step 5: Relax and enjoy post-fan conversation and laughs

And there you have it. I've solved all your problems. Next step: the middle east.

Tatty bye x

C
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:40 pm

Wonderful post!!

I think I will use David's services first! (Although I do make a mean chocolate fudge cake!)
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:40 pm

I'd want to more about his relationship with his guru. Is it to compensate for the lack of love he received from his parents as a child? Does he still view Amma as his guru?

I'd also ask him why he hasnt replied to the letter I wrote him about seven years ago!!!!!!!

David...I love you and can't wait to see you in Manchester and Glasgow!
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to Solo Work