what would you ask

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

what would you ask

Postby thricegreat on Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:07 pm

am meeting the editor of a (very)popular musical mag - he said 'haven't met Sylvian since 1989 - maybe it's time to interview him again' - what should should I ask?
thricegreat
Regular
Regular

Postby japanfan on Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:43 pm

Will he ever go back to the very early Japan Work and rework it as he did with Ghosts on everything and nothing.

Is he going to do any Japan songs on the new tour which he hasnt done before solo.
Japanfan - The luminescent, mysterious, and androgynous New Romantic.
http://www.myspace.com/sylvianfan
japanfan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:54 pm

Would he consider collaborating with either Mick or Rich on an individual basis if the opportunity presents itself?

What books has he liked recently? Music?

Has he ever thought of putting together a book of his poetry?

Has he ever considered, or would he like to, write a work of fiction (short story or novel)?

Is there anything (musically) he'd like to attempt that he's thought about but hasn't, either due to lack of opportunity, timing or personal hesitancy?
Last edited by heartofdavid on Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby New Romantik on Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:03 pm

I wouldn't ask him this, but I'd like to...Does he have any home video of the band performing or whatnot...goofing around...?

There doesn't seem to be too many video clips of JAPAN...I've seen them all I'm sure, through the video player on the site.

But wouldn't it be cool if David or Mick or Steve had, perhaps, some old old footage from way back when?

I cherish that kind of stuff! :D
New Romantik
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:06 am

hhmm that is tough.... I think I'd like to know if he is interested in doing anything other than music as his source of income or artistic outlet.

Would he consider doing another photography book? What would he like it to contain and what intent might it have?
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Burnsjed on Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:43 am

1. What was the last record he bought (wonder if he downloads on itunes!)
2. What music he listens to.
3. Does he have any 'comfort' music, something that takes him to a happier place.
4. Does he think he is misinterpreted through his music, back in the Japan days some felt the band were pretentious, but after meeting them found them to be anything but.
5. How would he describe David Sylvian as a person?
6. Does he regret his actions in the studio during the RTC project, which not only ended his friendship with MK & RB, but also meant he lost a lot of time with his brother. (no chance of that ever being answered!)
That will do for a start
Burnsjed
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:36 am

Burnsjed wrote:1. What was the last record he bought (wonder if he downloads on itunes!)

3. Does he have any 'comfort' music, something that takes him to a happier place.

I love these questions. I would totally love to know if he has "comfort" music!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Solo Work