Sylvian and Social Media

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Re: Sylvian and Social Media

Postby javier on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:41 am

svendutchmountains wrote:I guess everyone follows the stuff Isobel has been putting up for sale on eBay over the past 12 months?
Gotta say it's come close to bankrupting me, bidding and winning some of the items!

How would anyone know Isobel is putting stuff on eBay? Don't people use pseudonyms?
javier
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby svendutchmountains on Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:53 pm

Yes, she uses an Alias, like everyone on eBay... but once you win an auction the real name of the vendor is given.

I've bought a couple of items from her over the past months (test pressings of Manafon, Blemish and most recently RTC, as well as a Slowfire poster and a test print). Items were shipped mainly from the US, but also from Ireland, and I noticed at one of her recent auctions an item was listed as 'will be sent from Germany'.
I recognize no method of living that I know of, I see only the basic materials I may use
svendutchmountains
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby EddieBrennan on Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:37 pm

It seems Isobel has posted to Instagram a recent picture of David holding a guitar. It strikes me that this is the first time I've seen a guitar in his hands since the World is Everything tour. Am I wrong?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfTWj53lAzu ... vidsylvian

It doesn't necessarily suggest he is being musically creative again. Or that he will be again. It is just nice to see a snapshot of Sylvian as a musician. So many of his recent "now you see me, now you don't" posts have alluded to his withdrawal, disassociation or retirement. To an ending and to the silence that follows. Yet there he is locked and loaded and seeming poised to play the opening chord. That picture has made my day.

Oh. Roll call. I still pop by to check what withdrawn Sylvian Tweet or recently deleted soundcloud track I've missed this time round. :-)
I kick the sheets until they rise like mountain ranges at my feet.
EddieBrennan
Noob
Noob

Postby banyan on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:29 pm

Hi

Just to give you the heads up. I posted this in the General discussion thread, titled Eastman Guitars.
David is one of the featured artist on their website. (The used Isobel's photo for the article)
The photo, David playing an Eastman guitar is in reference to his love of their crafted instruments.

Banyan
banyan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Gabzi Nemo on Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:58 pm

I finally found the backdoor into David's twitter! I had to make like 3 different twitter accounts before he would let me follow him.

If you're interested, you can follow me at @DavidLetMeInPlz. My username is ThisIsMyThirdTimeTryingPleaseLetMeIn. I already forgot my password and which of my 7 gmail accounts I used to make it, so it probably won't be alive for long.

Never let them tell you that groveling doesn't work :p

I swear though, it's like breaking into Fort Knox to follow the guy :/
{Insert life-changing mantra here}
Gabzi Nemo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Previous

Return to Solo Work