Sylvian and Social Media

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Re: Sylvian and Social Media

Postby svendutchmountains on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:55 pm

Just out of curiosity - how many of us are left here?

Did everyone bugger off to bleeding FB?
I recognize no method of living that I know of, I see only the basic materials I may use
svendutchmountains
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Tin Bird on Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:20 pm

:-D Still here
When I cannot sing my heart...I can only speak my mind...
Tin Bird
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:31 am

I check in almost every day for interesting things about Japan and its members and sometimes I post things that might be of any interest for some members.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lukasgardiner on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:13 am

I check in almost every day. Not a lot going on but one day that might change!
lukasgardiner
Regular
Regular

Postby Blemished on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:11 pm

Happy New Year all! Keeping the flame flickering...

Watched an interesting documentary about Berlin's Hansa 'by the wall' studios recently - where Brilliant Trees was recorded - they didn't mention BT sadly, but very interesting and nice to see some familiar images from Perspectives and the videos that emerged of David and co recording. Must admit that hadn't quite appreciated that studios link with Bowie/Eno etc - nor indeed the later use by U2 etc.
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Foales Arishes on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:36 pm

Blemished wrote:Happy New Year all! Keeping the flame flickering...

Watched an interesting documentary about Berlin's Hansa 'by the wall' studios recently - where Brilliant Trees was recorded - they didn't mention BT sadly, but very interesting and nice to see some familiar images from Perspectives and the videos that emerged of David and co recording. Must admit that hadn't quite appreciated that studios link with Bowie/Eno etc - nor indeed the later use by U2 etc.

Happy New year to you Blemished.... I still drop-in a couple of times a week looking for some news or comment, as well as checking DS's 'Social' sites. He is still active in some form artistically (just about) and therefore I still keep a glimmer of hope we'll see some music, or other output from him at some point.... I've said it before, but, another book, or exhibition of his photography would interest me as much as any music at this point....

I did a quick search for Hansa Studios: By the Wall and see its a Sky program.... I don't have Sky :cry: It looks like a very interesting program; maybe it'll find its way onto YouTube one day?...

And Blemished.... thank you so very much for keeping this place going, despite the low numbers and lack of output from DS and former Japan members, it is very much appreciated :)

Lets hope we'll have something to comment on soon.... Come-on David!!! :mrgreen:
Foales Arishes
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Quiet Visitor on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:57 pm

Foales Arishes wrote:... despite the low numbers and lack of output from ... former Japan members....

I don't think there's a lack of output from Steve and Richard at all. Richard is releasing interesting new stuff in his Variants-series, while Steve recently made two wonderful albums that fit together wonderfully.
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Foales Arishes on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:14 am

Quiet Visitor wrote:
Foales Arishes wrote:... despite the low numbers and lack of output from ... former Japan members....

I don't think there's a lack of output from Steve and Richard at all. Richard is releasing interesting new stuff in his Variants-series, while Steve recently made two wonderful albums that fit together wonderfully.

Yes, you are right actually, they are certainly active... so perhaps more overlooked on my part.
Foales Arishes
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby chlorine on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:15 pm

I check on the site one or two times a week. Thank you Blemished for maintaining it. Having followed DS's career for several decades, I am now accustomed to the long periods of silence.
chlorine
Noob
Noob

Postby javier on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:37 am

chlorine wrote:I check on the site one or two times a week. Thank you Blemished for maintaining it. Having followed DS's career for several decades, I am now accustomed to the long periods of silence.

Me too. When material comes, so too the discussion!
javier
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby natsume on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:40 am

I'm about once a month at this point, until/unless DS stuff picks up. Very interested in the band Steve and Tim are putting together. Still, nice to see the diehards here, as always!
natsume
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby svendutchmountains on Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:17 pm

I guess everyone follows the stuff Isobel has been putting up for sale on eBay over the past 12 months?
Gotta say it's come close to bankrupting me, bidding and winning some of the items!
I recognize no method of living that I know of, I see only the basic materials I may use
svendutchmountains
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby swebla on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:45 am

Isobel on ebay!
Link please
swebla
Regular
Regular

Postby Halloway on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:04 am

swebla wrote:Isobel on ebay!
Link please

This one I'd say, judging by the seller location and the rather ridiculous prices that some of seller's previous items have fetched.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/David-Sylvian-Slow-Fire-Poster-for-Entirely-Solo-Tour-of-1995-Signed-by-Sylvian/112795622109?hash=item1a43249add:g:qhgAAOSw7p5ad0p9
Halloway
Regular
Regular

Postby swebla on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:56 am

Thank you :D
swebla
Regular
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Solo Work