The end of Samadhi Sound

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Re: The end of Samadhi Sound

Postby Simonp on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:29 am

Samadhi is only winding down for financial reasons only. There's nothing to suggest that David is about to give up music and I've actually heard he may be close to signing a new recording contract which will hopefully be announced following the release of Hypergrpahia. knowing our Dave and the way he works I wouldn't put it past him if he already has a new album completed and he's just waiting for the final Samadhi stuff to be sorted out before he makes any significant announcements
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Blemished on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:57 am

Fascinating post, Simon. Very intriguing to hear.

Am surprised that Samadhi would cost much to run, but I suppose inventory, websites, distribution arrangements etc all add up. I don't know whether they ever directly employed anyone. I'll miss their approach to things - the design especially.

But I guess it lasted far longer than might have been expected and sometimes a change can be stimulating. It might just be in interesting Fall/Autumn with his new book, Anthony's book and maybe a new deal / record. Fingers crossed!
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby baht habit on Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:30 pm

Simonp wrote:Samadhi is only winding down for financial reasons only. There's nothing to suggest that David is about to give up music and I've actually heard he may be close to signing a new recording contract which will hopefully be announced following the release of Hypergrpahia. knowing our Dave and the way he works I wouldn't put it past him if he already has a new album completed and he's just waiting for the final Samadhi stuff to be sorted out before he makes any significant announcements

I'm now thinking back to spring 2012 when the info was shared by silentwings that Sylvian, Otomo Yoshihide, Taylor Deupree and Ryuichi Sakamoto were engaging in recording sessions. Maybe 12k would have some room on the roster for Sylvian? :twisted:
Earlier this year, Deupree and Sakamoto released their second collaboration, titled Perpetual - the followup to 2013's Disappearance...both released on 12k. Sylvian would fit quite well with other artists on that label.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Tin Bird on Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:57 am

I agree. That would be a nice home for him. Great label!
When I cannot sing my heart...I can only speak my mind...
Tin Bird
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Chad on Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:37 am

4ad lets Scott Walker put crap out. I wouldn't be surprised if David just continues with his depression improv on that label. I hope not but I wouldnt be surprised... :lol:
Chad
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Simonp on Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:18 am

Chad wrote:4ad lets Scott Walker put crap out. I wouldn't be surprised if David just continues with his depression improv on that label. I hope not but I wouldnt be surprised... :lol:

Well it'll give you something to moan/troll about if he does!
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Chad on Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:34 am

hey ... its the return of Simon P the ultimate fon-boy. I saw you beating up Steve Adams on the sylvian.net facebook page for expressing a similar opinion to mine. You do know that you look like a total asshat, right? Steve is about the nicest and loyalist Sylvian fan you could ever meet. Stop being a d!ck already.
Chad
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Simonp on Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:14 pm

Asshat? What a dreadful expression.

Answer one thing then I'll leave you alone, why you still here being negative post on post about Sylvian's most recent work. Even Hypergraphia wasn't safe from your vitriol? What do you get from being so negative about Sylvian's work all the time? It's just plain weird to be honest. And please don't resort to name calling, it just questions who the actual dick is here
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Tin Bird on Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:30 pm

happy happy joy joy...where is everyone's sense of humor? :lol:
When I cannot sing my heart...I can only speak my mind...
Tin Bird
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby natsume on Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:28 pm

Chad wrote:hey ... its the return of Simon P the ultimate fon-boy. I saw you beating up Steve Adams on the sylvian.net facebook page for expressing a similar opinion to mine. You do know that you look like a total asshat, right? Steve is about the nicest and loyalist Sylvian fan you could ever meet. Stop being a d!ck already.

How old are you?
natsume
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Foales Arishes on Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:15 am

Its not looking like Hypergraphia is going to make the projected August 15th release (which maybe old news?)... I mailed Omnibus Press, who are the UK distributors, to find out more, but they said they have not yet been given a release date from the publisher [Opium arts] and had no idea when it would be availible.
Foales Arishes
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:40 am

I had the same from Omnibus. I contacted Richard Chadwick and all he could offer was there will be news soon so it's just a case of sit and wait I think
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Chad on Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:40 am

natsume.... you always did have trouble following along huh? :lol:
Chad
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Slope on Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:26 am

I rarely log in here these days, but when I do, there always seems to be another example of Chad's inevitable sneering. What exactly is the point? If it's reactions you are after, you would be better served by seeking attention on a board with more traffic. If you feel aggrieved in some way about former Japan members current output - your point has already been made repeatedly enough that those who still visit here are already very familiar with your disapproval.

One thing is for certain - it's far more tedious than the current inactivity from Sylvian.
Slope
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Simonp on Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:54 pm

Well said Slope. Its rather tiresome. I don't know why he feels the need to have a go at someone just because they love Manafon and he doesn't? Anyway the new recording sounds interesting, something live I believe
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to Solo Work