Whats the story on David ...

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Whats the story on David ...

Postby afternoonfix on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:55 am

Whats the story on David of late ?, no updates to note here , - occasionally checking his website also which still has 'Seasons Greetings' - all quiet indeed ,perhaps he's thrown in the towel ...?,

I do not want to start a debate here, but i personally when browsing through his catalog at home usually stop at blemish - beyond which I've no real yearning to take down any 'newer' cds - having said that i like Small Metal Gods from Manafon only -
[Died In The Wool-strings arrangement irritated me] and that's about it unfortunately if I'm honest .

wonder what the man is up to now .....?

while I'm at it, must say elbows 'The Take Off And Landing Of Everything' is my album of the year .. was never a huge fan
but this musically and lyrically , a beauty ...............

over & out ,

David
afternoonfix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Whats the story on David ...

Postby baht habit on Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:55 am

Not debating - just inquiring : If you 'stop at blemish' (2003), and only 'like SMG from Manafon' (2009), would one be omitting the Nine Horses projects (2005 / 2007)?

As for current work, I was under the assumption that we can expect that the work with Fennesz and Matthieu will receive an official release.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Whats the story on David ...

Postby afternoonfix on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:22 pm

Aye Nine Horses was a pleasant surprise -

The Kilowatt Hour: Mathieu/Sylvian/Fennesz ?

like usual I'll buy any Sylvian release , im just hooked / a collector that way,however im not particularity excited by this possible release .......
afternoonfix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to Solo Work