R S Thomas 'The Island'

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

R S Thomas 'The Island'

Postby silentwings on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:18 pm

The video at the link below has been posted on the David Sylvian Tumblr page. Some intriguing pictures have been turning up on here just recently - including some rare shots of David with Pierre Barouh. Whoever maintains this page appears to be well connected and have access to some intriguing material.

The video is a reading of the R S Thomas poem 'The Island' - read by the poet himself. There is a musical accompaniment... ..could this be by David?

Interested in views...

http://davidsylvian.tumblr.com/post/76416139346
“Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.” att to Jack Kerouac
silentwings
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: R S Thomas 'The Island'

Postby kitaj on Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:23 pm

thank you for the hint on Thomas' poem. I was just wondering who and what might that be.

as for the music, it's not by David, but is from Akira Rabelais' Caduceus album - a Samadhi release from some years ago.

I was having a funny little thought: David nowadays most resembles the Swans' Michael Gira (with or without cowboy hat) and, when posting self-made vids or season's greetings, appears to favour exactly the same font as Gira for his releases, i.e. a very plain Helvetica. :-)
kitaj
Obsessed
Obsessed

Re: R S Thomas 'The Island'

Postby silentwings on Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:45 am

Thanks for clarifying on the music Kitaj.

Funny, I had listened to a track from Caduceus yesterday...
“Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.” att to Jack Kerouac
silentwings
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Solo Work