RELEASED TODAY

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

RELEASED TODAY

Postby ChrisEYoung on Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:03 am

(12th December 2013, United Kingdom) The new biography of David Sylvian, entitled “On the Periphery”, has today been officially released. All pre-ordered copies have been dispatched, and the book is now available for immediate delivery.

Tracking Sylvian’s solo years, the book provides an extensive and comprehensive analysis of his solo career 1982-2013. Every solo work, group work, and every collaborative work is reviewed, and every song analysed as the book explains and interprets Sylvian’s fascinating personal, spiritual, and musical evolution.

Today one of music’s most innovative and enigmatic men, Sylvian has taken his audience on an intriguing journey from the heart of the pop machine to the outer reaches of musical composition. At the same time, he has become more and more reclusive, and has himself moved to the periphery. This is the place where he feels most comfortable, and where he finds the space he needs to be creative and innovative.

What led to this shift? What were the motivations? What aspects of Sylvian’s personal life affected this journey? How has Sylvian’s spirituality fed into his life and work, and how has it developed? What is it that makes the artist tick, and what is he consistently trying to convey to his audience and why?

Answers to these questions are at the heart of this extensive biography. The book will be a touch-stone for anyone with a profound or passing interest in Sylvian’s career to date, and gives an insight into the man and his work that will enhance the appreciation of his back catalogue.

A fascinating man and a fascinating life!

A full description of the book, excerpts, some details of the author, and an ordering facility can be found at http://www.sylvianbiography.com

ENDS
ChrisEYoung
Noob
Noob

Re: RELEASED TODAY

Postby javier on Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:01 am

Chris, when will the electronic version be available?

As I wrote on the other thread,
Chris, what about a digital version of the book? Of course I prefer to hold a "real" book than swiping pages on a screen, but living in Tokyo I simply don't have enough space to keep buying physical objects. In recent years I've tried to avoid accumulating any more "stuff", so I would find a digital version more useful (light/versatile/transportable etc) than a physical book.
javier
Obsessed
Obsessed

Re: RELEASED TODAY

Postby javier on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:34 am

Looking forward very much to seeing some reviews of this.

The excerpts on the book's website are compelling reading, so I eagerly await reviews and news of further editions.
javier
Obsessed
Obsessed

Return to Solo Work