Samadhisound facelift

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Samadhisound facelift

Postby Simonp on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:32 am

Obviously been revamped to reflect fact it will now only publish music by Sylvian

http://www.samadhisound.com/archive/index.html
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Samadhisound facelift

Postby Blemished on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:14 pm

Yes - a nice redesign as always.

Must admit though it's sad to see the end of Samadhi as a broader label. There were some good releases and always great production values.

I thought the Sweet Billy Pilgrim success (although not my thing musically) might have spurred them onto to release more, but I guess production / mastering / art costs all mean there's still a fair bit of financial risk with physical releases.
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby baht habit on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:37 am

Blemished wrote:Yes - a nice redesign as always.

Must admit though it's sad to see the end of Samadhi as a broader label. There were some good releases and always great production values.

So true. I could be wrong in this assumption, but I would figure that the ownership and copyrights of the releases that are now "archived" shall revert back to the creators of that work - if it had not already. Jansen's recent collection of his Samadhisound output is absolutely excellent (even going as far as broadening the content with some previously unreleased pieces). I wonder if Harold Budd or some of the others will now ponder putting out similar re-issues now that the original releases are no longer available?
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kitaj on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:00 pm

baht habit wrote:I wonder if Harold Budd or some of the others will now ponder putting out similar re-issues now that the original releases are no longer available?

Amazon.com does indeed list Avalon Sutra as available for a 2014 release from Darla Records.
kitaj
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby silentwings on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:20 pm

..and Harold Budd's 'Perhaps' - a download only release on Samadhi - was given a physical release by Root Strata in October 2013
“Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.” att to Jack Kerouac
silentwings
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Solo Work