September

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

September

Postby Fire Rose 45 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:07 pm

"September's here again". Enough said. :-)
"The question that sometimes makes me hazy... am I or the others crazy?" -- Albert Einstein

"This band is perfect - just don't scratch the surface." -- Duran Duran
Fire Rose 45
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: September

Postby inkinthewell on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:34 am

Fire Rose 45 wrote:"September's here again". Enough said. :-)

:lol:
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby hego on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:12 pm

September is here, David not
hego
Regular
Regular

Postby inkinthewell on Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:02 pm

hego wrote:September is here, David not

Not straight from september 1st, but he'll be here. :D

The Kilowatt Hour a new collaborative trio featuring Stephan Mathieu, David Sylvian and Christian Fennesz, will be performing live:
7th September 2013 – Punkt Festival, Kristiansand, Norway
18th September 2013 – MITO Festival - Officine Grandi Riparazioni, Torino, Torino
19th September 2013 – MITO Festival - Alcatraz, Milano
21st September 2013 – Teatro Massimo, Pescara
22nd September 2013 – Auditorium Parco della Musica, Roma
24th September 2013 – Robot Festival – Teatro Comunale, Bologna
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby silentwings on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:49 pm

..Let's hope someone is able to take on this forum so that it's still here next September.

I've appreciated this site and our community very much. It will be very sad if it does go offline on 1st October...
“Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.” att to Jack Kerouac
silentwings
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Chad on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:07 am

it may just be a good time to throw in the towel. this site logs less than 20 post a month.

its a sign of a much bigger problem. david's lack of enthusiasm is contagious to say the least. I have zero expectations for the fennesz project. it sounds like another can of air to me. its too bad I cant reach through net and give david good shake and wake his ass up.
Chad
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby baht habit on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:28 am

It'll be a shame to lose this valuable site. I've personally enjoyed it immensely and have greatly appreciated the intelligent insight, debates and discourse.
Now, with that being said....

Chad wrote:it may just be a good time to throw in the towel. this site logs less than 20 post a month.

its just a sign of a much bigger problem. david's lack of enthusiasm is contagious to say the least. I have zero expectations for the fennesz project. it sounds like another can of air to me. its too bad I cant reach through net and give david good shake and wake his booty up.

>>>less than 20 posts a month<<<
:?:
Not only do you value your own opinion far too highly, you also play quite fast and loose with facts.
I guess this should be expected from someone of your ilk.
I've noticed that "conservative" types - those who react poorly to change , evolution , that which is different from what they perceive to be normal and acceptable - often distort facts in some attempt to mold and shape the narrative to fit their narrow minded viewpoint.
Why make blatantly false statements in regards to that data which can easily be measured ??? 'less than 20 posts a month'
is absolutely false. But why pay attention to fact when all one really wants to do is spout off their discontent and post with the intent to disrupt, right?
Well, facts are stubborn things. :twisted:
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Chad on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:06 am

hey baht... its been awhile.

first off, I dont have a conservative bone in my body. I'm just not wired that way. but you can believe what you like.

second, count the posts... count em up. and be fair and do an average for the year. prove me wrong. :)
Chad
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby baht habit on Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Chad wrote:hey baht... its been awhile.

first off, I dont have a conservative bone in my body. I'm just not wired that way. but you can believe what you like.

second, count the posts... count em up. and be fair and do an average for the year. prove me wrong. :)

Some misinterpretation Chad - I meant MUSICALLY 'conservative' regarding taste and preference. I would never mean to imply that you were socially conservative. That would be quite presumptive in any situation, as all we have to go on are merely words on a forum on a screen.
Anyway, I just want to give you a moment to save face - are you referring to Threads when you write Posts or do you actually mean Posts?
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Chad on Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 pm

thread topics are a no brainer and that was the intent of my statement. but even when you drill down and consider all replies its probably not many more then 20 when you look at a year long average.

you seem to take this personally for some reason baht and thats certainly wasn't my intent. but this isn't a phenomenon specific to this site. for instance, the japan-pioneers has pretty much become non existent. the monthly post numbers have dropped from an average of about 250 in early 2012 to about 30 for this past august. considering a new single and the abandon/hope release thats kind of sad when you think about it.

I in no way wish to offend, and really appreciate the efforts put into this site, but even the moderators here aren't feeling the love anymore. I just dont see a reason right now to pick up the torch. like I said its a general lack enthusiasm from David thats killing it for everyone. if he doesn't give a sh*t why should we?

I could go on about how little effort he puts into his work as of late but why bother. Its a f*ck*n moot point ... at this point.
Chad
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby ob8 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:03 pm

[quoteI in no way wish to offend, and really appreciate the efforts put into this site, but even the moderators here aren't feeling the love anymore. I just dont see a reason right now to pick up the torch. like I said its a general lack enthusiasm from David thats killing it for everyone. if he doesn't give a sh*t why should we?

I could go on about how little effort he puts into his work as of late but why bother. Its a f*ck*n moot point ... at this point.[/quote]

I am absolutely perplexed. I have no idea how you have come to the conclusion that David has a general lack of enthusiasm or how little effort he puts into his work of late. Not sure how you can use the term "everyone". If you want to voice your opinion fine but don't include me in the way you think.

For me David would never undertake any project unless he was a hundred percent committed to it. That is his nature. He cares deeply about the work he does and would never compromise that for anyone. Whether you like or appreciate the work is another matter entirely.

His work is challenging and asks so much of the listener. That's not a lack of effort on his part. If he was not fully immersed in what he was doing I am convinced he would walk away from making music. The work he has undertaken over the last few years challenges and stimulates David, without that he would simply recreate the same old material over and over again. I feel deeply honoured to be there with him on his journey.

The site may not have the posts it used to, we are all getting older and peoples priorities change. So many people remember and treasure the music they grew up with. And that's what they prefer and return to time after time. A lot of people stop buying new music after a certain age. David's audience is shrinking, it's not his fault. It's ours.

I can't wait for the 21st of September. In '92 he performed under similar circumstances. The results to me were truly beautiful, and only fully appreciated in person. The Kilowatt Hour will be the same.
ob8
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Chad on Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:18 pm

hey ob,

"David's audience is shrinking, it's not his fault. It's ours"

I have to strongly disagree with you on this one. Davids been phoning it in for years now. I have this strange visual of him writing the majority of manafon whilst taking a dump out in the back woods, right before he shot that rabbit. :-D even this kilowatt project has lazy written all over it. I mean come on now - show up … have some dude plug in my gear … sit and beat off for an hour... then go hob-nob with the art snobs. record it for a limited edition box at $150 a pop. just like fricken clockwork. I'm sure fennesz will save the day for him though.

but whatever ob… you and baht can take all this enthusiasm to instant messenger I guess.
Chad
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby missouriman on Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:34 pm

Chad could always just not log into this page again, but I suspect he enjoys winding up people. He speaks for himself, only himself.

I hope somebody can find the $ to keep this forum going. David will continue making music and I will continue being a fan.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby ob8 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:50 pm

Chad are you posting on here because you have nothing better to do ?

You have not even attempted to answer anything I have said, you have just made tried to make some crass jokes.

Why has this project got lazy written all over it ?

Because you say so ?

So I should listen to you or David, his work speaks for itself. Your words don't.

Think you are winding us all up and the last song you actually like was "Wish I was Black" Go troll some other board will you as you don't offer any valid or positive to say on here.

You are not a fan of David's work for me and you have never had an inkling of what he is trying to do. You are killing this site, not David.

If you don't like something tell us in a constructive manner.

Not sure why I am bothering trying to voice my thoughts, you are Thoroughly Lost To Logic !!! :D
ob8
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Chad wrote:thread topics are a no brainer and that was the intent of my statement. but even when you drill down and consider all replies its probably not many more then 20 when you look at a year long average.

you seem to take this personally for some reason baht and thats certainly wasn't my intent.

It's not personal, I just think it is disturbing that you clearly appear to be reveling at the demise of this highly informative forum.

And the average this year has merely been 68 posts per month - April was truly lackluster and drug the average down a bit.
Last edited by baht habit on Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to Solo Work