The Latest Tour Info...

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

The Latest Tour Info...

Postby Fire Rose 45 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:09 am

Just got an e-mail from Samadhisound detailing the latest tour information. Once again there are no American dates. Very disappointing and I have to wonder why. :(
"The question that sometimes makes me hazy... am I or the others crazy?" -- Albert Einstein

"This band is perfect - just don't scratch the surface." -- Duran Duran
Fire Rose 45
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: The Latest Tour Info...

Postby depeon on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:31 am

No mention of a new single either.
depeon
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby natsume on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:02 am

Hard to call this a "tour" just yet. I don't think bringing something like this to the states is a very friendly option. They would have to have sponsors or some kind of tie-in with a specific festival/arts group/museum performance space to make it viable. I think it would be far more likely that they visit Japan before the states, because that kind of infrastructure is there.

That said, I hope I am wrong, since I live in California.

(Doesn't seem like this is the kind of collaboration that would produce a "single", for any reason.)
Last edited by natsume on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
natsume
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby swordofdestiny on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:05 am

Fire Rose 45 wrote:Just got an e-mail from Samadhisound detailing the latest tour information. Once again there are no American dates. Very disappointing and I have to wonder why. :(

Because it costs a small fortune to tour and America is too big. Somebody is likely financing the few Italian dates. Do people really expect a "single" from this project?
swordofdestiny
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby depeon on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:09 am

Sorry i didn't make my point very clearly. The email from samadhisound made no reference to the single rumoured to being released at the end of July.
depeon
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby hego on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:05 am

If there comes a new single, this has nothing to do with the tour of Kilowatt, because that will be mainly instrumental music.
hego
Regular
Regular

Postby Chad on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:02 pm

I guess I would need to hear some of the new material before I would commit to buying a ticket.

I love Fennesz and all that but the Uncommon Deities/spoken poetics stuff does absolutely nothing for me... and it never has. I remember when the Sakamoto Salvation track came out thinking what a waste of money that was. I think the Jan Bang/Eric Honor stuff if quite beautiful but its not easy to sing to. There is not enough melodic structure to hold up the vocals. Tigran Hamyasan could be the missing link in that equation.
Chad
Obsessed
Obsessed

Return to Solo Work