New single?

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Re: New single?

Postby inkinthewell on Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:48 pm

Chad wrote:if you were his manager what would you advise him to do at this point?

Being the kind of fan who likes to wait and see what the artists I care about do next, I would just let him be in charge of the artistic side of things (praying to God he'd keep well away from hip-hoppers).
Unlike you and many others (and I'm saying this with total respect for any opinion), I've been pleased with his recent work, and look at it as "progressive", so I would have no reason to interfere.
Having said that, I wouldn't be against him meeting people and feeling the beat of the city if that would push the progression onwards.

As for what you say about the collector's club business model I'm not sure I understand what you mean, so I can't manage to fit Bill Nelson in. It's true that many artists are making records by asking their fans to pay for them in advance, but that's how it works right now: if someone wants to make music that is not auto-tuned vocals on thumping beats, he has to release it on his own. And we, the consumers, should support the artists we know and still care about, and the new ones that to our ears have that special something.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Tin Bird on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:47 am

Wish I could retire to the deep woods of New Hampshire. Personally, I've had enough of the "beat of the city". it's too loud, people suck, and I long for peace, quiet, tranquility, and a nice garden. Just me..I'm sure. ;-)
When I cannot sing my heart...I can only speak my mind...
Tin Bird
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Fire Rose 45 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:48 pm

No, not just you, Tin Bird. I live in a large city and love it for the most part, but there are times when I wish for something smaller and simpler. :-)
"The question that sometimes makes me hazy... am I or the others crazy?" -- Albert Einstein

"This band is perfect - just don't scratch the surface." -- Duran Duran
Fire Rose 45
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Quiet Visitor on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:14 am

For those who didn't bought the single but still want to see that vinyl turning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWYf_wgRS8c
Quiet Visitor
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Tin Bird on Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:24 am

Not carrying on too much about retiring to the woods...but, I suppose that as the years have gone by I've become more and more of a loner. I still work and find some enjoyment in it, but for the most part I don't particularly like people that much. I find them to be selfish, self centered, egotistical assholes basically (probably not excluding myself here either! ;-} and I don't care much what their views on things/life are...I feel pretty good about mine and am happy to just get on with it but there's always people wanting to "move your cheese". I am old enough now that I really don't want my cheese to be f'd with! Know what I mean! :-) Dang, I sound like a cantankerous old man. Oh well, I guess if the shoe fits. :-)
When I cannot sing my heart...I can only speak my mind...
Tin Bird
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to Solo Work