Sylvian and Phil Collins ( No, not that Phil Collins)

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Sylvian and Phil Collins ( No, not that Phil Collins)

Postby swordofdestiny on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:42 pm

http://www.museenkoeln.de/museum-ludwig ... asp?s=4286

In every dream home a heartache.

Interesting stuff. Anybody likely to get out there?
swordofdestiny
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Sylvian and Phil Collins ( No, not that Phil Collins)

Postby baht habit on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:12 pm

Thanks for sharing the info, sword.

music inspired by recorded telephone conversations? ... "this call is being recorded for quality assurance purposes" :twisted:

>>>Throughout, Collins' work reflects his commitment to myriad forms of experience across the social spectrum, and his belief in the power of intimacy and desire within the public sphere.
For his exhibition at the Museum Ludwig, Collins and his production initiative Shady Lane Productions have realised 'my heart's in my hand, and my hand is pierced, and my hand's in the bag, and the bag is shut, and my heart is caught', a new work in collaboration with guests of GULLIVER, a survival station for the homeless located in the centre of Cologne. There, Collins installed a phone booth with a free line that anyone could use for unlimited international calls on the agreement that the conversations were anonymously recorded. The selected material was then posted to a group of international musicians, serving as the starting point for original new songs presented in the exhibition as 7" vinyl records in specially designed listening booths which overlook the city's central station. The project includes contributions by legendary figures such as David Sylvian...<<<

>>>All the songs will be compiled on a double-album limited edition vinyl to be released on an as yet undisclosed date.<<<

Vinyl, huh? I'll be interested in hearing this, so hopefully the results will make their way on to the 'net at some point available for download...or else it'll be time to root around and resort to digging out one's ancient record player. :D
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Solo Work