Sylvian Tour Question

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Sylvian Tour Question

Postby Dual on Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:49 am

I had a good seat at the show I was attending, having become a Sylvian/Japan fan in the time since his last tour in 2007, so was very much looking forward to the show considering his reputation for not playing live much, if at all, nowadays and so I bought a ticket as soon as they went on sale.

Are we to assume that this tour will go ahead at some point? If so, I'm assuming that it will be 2013 now, as in the update he mentioned they were trying to re-schedule dates for October but it didn't work out.

I was just wondering if people think these shows will still be happening and if so, when will tickets most likely be going on sale again? I'm just hoping he doesn't decide that he would rather not tour anymore and write it off completely, or for a good many years. But who can say. Just looking for other thoughts/opinions really.
Dual
Noob
Noob

Re: Sylvian Tour Question

Postby Simonp on Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:28 am

I think there will be some sort of tour next year. David seems to be going through a really creative and productive time at the moment and his recent collaborations with Jan Bang and all the Punkt folk seemed to have sparked a renewed interest in live performance for him. If he does tour again I'd expect it to be Spring next year in which case tickets will likely be on sale towards the end of this one. I wouldnt give up hope of him NOT performing live again. I too was desperately sad the tour was cancelled. I think the Implausible Tour would have been rather special given the exceptional musicians who were to join him on stage. Fingers crossed he'll keep to his word and hit the road again at some point :)
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Stoobie on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:18 pm

Simonp wrote:I think there will be some sort of tour next year. David seems to be going through a really creative and productive time at the moment and his recent collaborations with Jan Bang and all the Punkt folk seemed to have sparked a renewed interest in live performance for him. If he does tour again I'd expect it to be Spring next year in which case tickets will likely be on sale towards the end of this one. I wouldnt give up hope of him NOT performing live again. I too was desperately sad the tour was cancelled. I think the Implausible Tour would have been rather special given the exceptional musicians who were to join him on stage. Fingers crossed he'll keep to his word and hit the road again at some point :)

Simon ~ i think your right, im sure he will Tour our scottish shores at least one more time

stoobie :mrgreen:
Stoobie
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:03 pm

I'd like to think so Stoobie although if ticket sales for the concert hall weren't selling well it may be that only a couple of UK dates will be announced next year, both probably South of the border
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Stoobie on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:17 pm

Simonp wrote:I'd like to think so Stoobie although if ticket sales for the concert hall weren't selling well it may be that only a couple of UK dates will be announced next year, both probably South of the border

Hope not, ive done enough of that over the years, sleeping on a friends floor after Daves Slowfire gig in 95 , and with Fripp at Albert hall (twice)

S
Stoobie
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Blemished on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:07 am

Just noticed that David posted this on facebook. It sounds like any new tour will be some time away, if ever, and likely to be quite different in nature. It's a pity as I for one would have liked to have heard David and the Norwegian All-Stars. Good that he's on the mend.

DS
There have been questions raised regarding my health and the possibility of future tours. My health is improved, something for which I'm immensely grateful, but it'd be jumping the gun to start putting a tour together at this early stage. Better to reach a state of full recovery and start over from there. I can't guarantee that there will be a tour, I can only say that I remain open to the idea in principle. Due to the cancellation of the last tour I've undertaken a number of other projects which are keeping me busy and have my full attention at present. The point is I can't undo what's been done and am therefore not thinking about recreating the previous tour as that's already out of step with current events, nor am I planning another. Many stars have to align to make a tour a possibility but it does remain an option even if that's all it is at present. There's strange irony in the fact that, having promised myself many times to retire from touring, the tour I most looked forward to undertaking was taken from me. This is what it means to surrender.

This page will continue to bring you news of projects both music related and otherwise. If the likelihood of a tour manifests itself this will be the place you'll hear about it first but until then I continue to travel where my interests lead me. You're always welcome to be a part of that journey, always, because without your participation the work, in whatever form it takes, ceases to be of value. Everything we produce at samadhisound has a back story of research into quality materials, design and, of course, content. But mercifully, nothing is mandatory, you choose your poison carefully.

My gratitude to all of you who've sent well wishes. I'm truly touched, as always, by your thoughtfulness.

Nothing, nobody matters.

And yet the world is full of love… (A glittering : sarah manguso)

david
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby inkinthewell on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:07 am

Blemished wrote:But mercifully, nothing is mandatory, you choose your poison carefully.

:smt038
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby tulipmania on Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:27 pm

What does anyone think about the proposed tour. What happened to the tour merchandise, as I wouldnt mind buying some?
tulipmania
Regular
Regular

Return to Solo Work