'Glowing Enigmas' Photographic Exhibition

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Re: 'Glowing Enigmas' Photographic Exhibition

Postby svendutchmountains on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:10 pm

So, my piece finally arrived! For those who've seen Javier's photographs, it's no. 44. Great piece. Interestingly enough the photo's are not stuck to the paper backing. They are lose and a note came with the item stating the photo's could move during transport. Fortunately they were still firmly in position. The note also mentioned that David had written on the back of each piece...

Unfortunately - I had ordered also the framed, red exhibition poster and a copy of the exhibition catalogue. Those two failed to arrive - the art gallery apparently had not included them in the package (the customs declaration form they had included stated '1 item'). I've written to the gallery, hoping to get a quick response and that they simply forgot to include the two items :-(

Greetings from the Dutch mountains
Sven
I recognize no method of living that I know of, I see only the basic materials I may use
svendutchmountains
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Simonp on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Hi Sven

Mine arrived today also - number 40. It is beautiful. I love it. There was a note saying that David had signed the artwork but I couldnt see a signature anywhere. Has he written on the back of the individual polaroids?
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby svendutchmountains on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi Simon,

He must have signed them on the back. I can't see a signature anywhere on the actual front. The note I received (and I guess you got the same) states "David has signed all the artworks and there is number also written with alphabet".

So that's got to be on the back of each individual polaroid...

Greetings from the Dutch mountains,
Sven
I recognize no method of living that I know of, I see only the basic materials I may use
svendutchmountains
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Simonp on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:22 am

Hi sven

Yes I finally worked it out from the letter...all the polaroids are signed individually and the letters A to C show which sequence they were to be placed in.

Aren't they beautiful? I am extremely happy with mine...just wish I could've afforded another one :)

S
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby svendutchmountains on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:05 pm

Hey Simon,

Yes, I think the poraroids are exquisite. I'll probably be kikcing myself in a few months time for not splashing out on another set! However, I've also bought one of the posters (the red version) and the book... and splashed out on some other Sylvian memorabilia, so I figured enough's enough!

My wife's already been complaining "How much of his stuff do you need?" - to which the appropriate answer has to be "You can never have enough Sylvian in your house!" :lol:
svendutchmountains
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby banyan on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:16 pm

The Glowing Enigmas Photographic exhibition book is now
available through the Impossible project book store.

http://shop.the-impossible-project.com/ ... inst_works

Banyan
banyan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby svendutchmountains on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:26 am

Could someone be so kind as to send me Richard Chadwick's email address? I just need to get something off my chest regarding the Impossible Project exhibition... The guys there are extremely kind but completely unprofessional. I had ordered one of the items, a poster and an exhibition book.

First time round they sent just the item...
Second time round they've only sent the poster (and forcing me to pay import duties twice - and the way the fee structure works the total amount is almost the same!)...

I've now contacted them yet again to find out what happened to the @£$% book...

Why is it all these arty farty types can be completely incompetent when it comes to business - yet happily charge an arm and a leg for their endevours?

Greetings from the Dutch mountains.
Sven
svendutchmountains
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby pinenut on Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:40 am

Contact Details
Address :49 Portland Road
County : London
Postcode : W11 4LJ
Telephone : 020 7229 5080
Fax : 020 7229 4841
Contact email : opiumartsinfo@aol.com

Opium Arts is Richard Chadwick
pinenut
Regular
Regular

Postby Haldeman Gracie on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:34 am

svendutchmountains wrote:Could someone be so kind as to send me Richard Chadwick's email address? I just need to get something off my chest regarding the Impossible Project exhibition... The guys there are extremely kind but completely unprofessional. I had ordered one of the items, a poster and an exhibition book.

First time round they sent just the item...
Second time round they've only sent the poster (and forcing me to pay import duties twice - and the way the fee structure works the total amount is almost the same!)...

I've now contacted them yet again to find out what happened to the @£$% book...

Why is it all these arty farty types can be completely incompetent when it comes to business - yet happily charge an arm and a leg for their endevours?

Greetings from the Dutch mountains.
Sven

I ordered the book. It was sent in a package the wrong size, and forced in causing the back page to crumple and rip. it was blatantly the result of the actual packing and not transit. They'll have to replace it or give me my money back.
Haldeman Gracie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby oppi2005 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:21 am

Guys if you are still not receiving any joy from the team at impossible let me know and i will contact the Director for you, i think its out of Opiums Control
oppi2005
Noob
Noob

Postby Simonp on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:46 am

If anyone is interested I believe the following works are still for sale

http://www.the-impossible-project.jp/ga ... lvian.html
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby svendutchmountains on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:26 am

oppi2005 wrote:Guys if you are still not receiving any joy from the team at impossible let me know and i will contact the Director for you, i think its out of Opiums Control

Thanks... but no need in my case. Jun at Impossible apologized profusely, reacted very quickly and sent the book through Fedex, included a bunch of flyers and had the book securely wrapped in bubble wrap. It arrived within 48 hours of my email to him.

Greetings from the Dutch mountains,
Sven
svendutchmountains
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby javier on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:58 am

javier
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby silentwings on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:59 pm

Those are great pictures Javier. I especially like the middle one, which really sums up for me the themes of 'dark' and 'light' that run through so much of David's work.
“Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.” att to Jack Kerouac
silentwings
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby javier on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:48 am

silentwings wrote:Those are great pictures Javier. I especially like the middle one, which really sums up for me the themes of 'dark' and 'light' that run through so much of David's work.

Yes, it really does.

I felt that out of the whole exhibition these 3 works had the strongest autobiographical narratives - well, with regard to the autobiographical details of David that we know, and in a relatively direct way.

Of course many other works (if not all) may be referencing aspects of his life in more subtle ways, or details of which we may not know.
javier
Obsessed
Obsessed

PreviousNext

Return to Solo Work