Blue skinned Gods

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Blue skinned Gods

Postby japanfan on Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:00 am

What album or EP can i find this song on?
japanfan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:04 am

none - so far as I know. I really love this song as well; I had an mp3 sonmewhere of it played live at the RFH on teh Blemish tour (I was there also). It's a very strong song, I think - catchy chorus. Shame it hasn't found a release....or does someone here know better?!.....
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:54 am

Blue Skinned Gods was originally composed during songwriting sessions for what became Dead Bees On A Cake. Sylvian initially conceived the piece as one including acoustic guitar, sitar, tabla and tamboura. The song was unfortunately shelved for that project as Krishna Blue developed further along as a piece of music. Basically, Sylvian decided not to include both tracks due to the similar tone and topic.
And when Sylvian returned to some of the leftover tracks from the DBOAC sessions for inclusion on the Everything And Nothing compilation, Blue Skinned Gods was still omitted.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby japanfan on Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:24 am

Im thinking of asking Samadhisound if there will be an official studio release of this track. I have a good quality live version on both MP3 and DVD, however id love a studio version.
japanfan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:08 pm

I think the rights to it would be owned by virgin as it was recorded during those years.
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:31 pm

Well, that is the thing that is odd. I don't think there exists a fleshed out, mixed and mastered studio version of Blue Skinned Gods. I do not think that Sylvian ever went any further with the song once Krishna Blue was conceived. He just happened to bring it out for the live shows on the blemish tour. So I wouldn't think that Virgin owns something that was never recorded. And I think that Sylvian has his own publishing company so the record label would not have rights on the song in that respect.
Yet the song seems destined to remain in that unfortunate category of 'unrecorded' along with songs like Lying With You, Ingrid's Wheels, I Do Nothing, Bhajan and Don't Stay Away Too Long (Wasn't I Joe?). Once a chance is past, Sylvian very rarely looks back and Everything And Nothing seemed the best possible hope for the song going any further than demo form.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

"Because It's Love, Love, Love"

Postby Crickett on Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:22 am

"Because It's Love, Love, Love........ Living in the World of the Blue Skinned Gods"

Holy Krishna I LOVE THAT SONG!!!!!!

Baht Habit, I'm crossing my fingers that what You have written turns out to be false.... I've been Patiently waiting for that piece to be released! That was My favorite piece of the Blemish tour, The Visuals in the background, Steve playing the "Steel Drum" sounding V-drum parts with his hands.... the rich Heart Felt Melody and Lyrics.....

GOD, Dave You have got to Release that track.... Heck I'll write to Samadhisound as Well... and beg that Dave release that Song! I had no clue that it was associated with DBOAC I thought it was a piece from the Jansen/Sylvian Album..... pre-Nine Horses.....

It's just not fair to tease us with sonic gems and then tell us that they don't really exist..... Does anybody have the Live Blemish Tour version on Mp3 that they could post on the site?????????

PPPPUUUUULLLLLLLEASEEEEE!!!!!!!

"Oh it's Love......."
Crickett
Regular
Regular

Postby Bern on Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:13 pm

I have got the track but I can't see were I can upload it
Bern
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Crickett on Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:28 pm

Hey Bern!!!!

Could You possibly email me the Mp3????

if it's under 10MB.... which it should be, my email can handle it....

If You can Please send it to me.....

Thanks!!!!!!!

csouthern76@hotmail.com

Thanks Again!!!!!
Crickett
Crickett
Regular
Regular

Postby Bern on Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:09 pm

Hope you receive it OK and if I can send you any other tracks let me know
Bern
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Crickett on Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:21 pm

Hey Bern...

Thanks For the Mp3!!!! It's great to hear it from a different source than memory or the Blemish DVD.... I am beyond Grateful! If there is any tracks You are looking for I probably have them just let me know and I will send You anything I have!!!! For clarification's sake, did You know the Mp3 starts in the middle of the song??? Did You get the concert from a friend or via the web or did You create it via the bootleg DVD????? Just curious...... Thanks again

Crickett / Craig
Crickett
Regular
Regular

Postby Kisch on Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:25 pm

hello everyone, nice site it is, I have spent two nights just looking at pix :) Collection of beauty.

would someone be so very kind and post a lyrics to Blue Skinned Gods for me ? I can't say I understand it very well from the bootleg MP3, with English being far from my native language.
Thank you !
Kisch
Noob
Noob

Postby japanfan on Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:21 pm

Blue Skinned Gods from start to finish in good quality!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9BLC9TEW
japanfan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:24 pm

God bless you japanfan!!!! Thank you very much!!!!!!
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Nath on Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:48 pm

many many thanks!!!!

Nath :-)
Nath
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Solo Work