When Loud Weather Buffeted Naoshima

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Postby kitaj on Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:10 am

thanks Javier, most appreciated! not low-quality at all :D
kitaj
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby untitled on Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:28 pm

There is a new biography on David's site (under Texts and Other Writings). Nothing really new but does again mention the forthcoming release of "When loud weather..." It being SS0011 must make it due for release before Steve's new album (due out on 1 October). Well, that narrows it down slightly :)

Section of text from biography....

Most recently Sylvian revisited the presentation of his music in forms other than simply on CD. 'When loud weather buffeted Naoshima' was commissioned by the Naoshima Fukutake Art Museum Foundation on the island of Naoshima, Japan, as part of the NAOSHIMA STANDARD 2 exhibition which ran from Oct 2006 to April 2007. The composition was site specific. In fact, Sylvian has said that the work isn't really complete until the sounds of the town Honmura are incorporated into the listening experience. The work is in fact the next release on Samadhisound (sound cd ss0011) and Sylvian has incorporated some of the sounds of the island into the final mix. Whilst this obviously doesn't compare to the experience of listening to the work in situ it goes someway towards creating an echo of it. In the process Sylvian's created a piece which might find new and interesting interpretations in a variety of unanticipated contexts.

As he brings his new work to a new world tour, Sylvian continues to confront the challenges, both personal and global, that have enriched his work for three decades. And he continues to follow this path – with patience, perseverance, and beauty.
I found the way, by the sound of your voice.
untitled
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby heartofdavid on Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:25 pm

The digipak for this shows available on Samadhisound, but it isn't in the 'shop' section yet - perhaps later today?
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby VaporTrail on Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:49 pm

heartofdavid wrote:The digipak for this shows available on Samadhisound, but it isn't in the 'shop' section yet - perhaps later today?

Ooooooooh limited edition DVD-style package.

Sounds familiar right PTF gang? :-D
VaporTrail
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby proggrl on Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:03 pm

VaporTrail wrote:
heartofdavid wrote:The digipak for this shows available on Samadhisound, but it isn't in the 'shop' section yet - perhaps later today?

Ooooooooh limited edition DVD-style package.

Sounds familiar right PTF gang? :-D

Indeedily do!
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:36 pm

Got my order in.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:47 pm

Got my order in too Heart of David. Not released until the 8th August. How can I wait that looong.
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:19 am

Man, I had just spent in HD and BS... ah well... I'll order this one too ;)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sonic_chronicler on Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:17 am

Thanks to La Proggrl for notifying me it had gone up for sale when I was still at work - I've been waiting for this one for a while.

A Happy Sonic
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:12 pm

Now I ordered it too, and added a couple of things I wanted to also get... eeek! Another Visa bill coming! :oops:
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:03 am

I'll be putting my order in soon too, but what' sthe betting it'll actually be released when ss say it will?!

C x
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:38 am

:) For some reason, I do happen to believe that this next release will not be delayed as every other release had been. I think that the reason Samadhi Sound took so darn long to make the announcement on a release date is because they wanted to be sure to get it right. The delay of Money For All was slightly embarrassing to the company and, though they know that Sylvian's fans are patient and grateful for any release that comes, they don't wish to be known for being habitually disorganized.
I could be wrong but I think that this extended gap between first announcing the product back in February and actually making it available for purchase in August is due to their rigorous attempt to finally get the logistics correct in regard to product, packaging and distribution. And this one seems that it will be easier on the company since the supply will be limited.

July 28 addendum: I just received an e-mail (just as I assume many of you already have as well) claiming that the order of Naoshima will ship on August 2nd. So it seems at the moment that this particular product is actually shipping out ahead of time of the scheduled release date of August 6th. It appears as though Samadhi is making a strong attempt to organize it's practices in a more timely and efficient manner.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sonic_chronicler on Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:40 pm

My copy shipped today. :D
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby VaporTrail on Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:58 pm

sonic_chronicler wrote:My copy shipped today. :D

You stink! :-D

ok.....not really :wink: