Implausible Beauty setlist

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Re: Implausible Beauty setlist

Postby natsume on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:15 pm

Still hopeful a Japan date may emerge. There is a certain (solvent) element here that would support a date or two, with a DVD tie-in, as they did Steve a few years ago. It would be very interesting if some of the Japanese musicians he has worked with on recent projects could be incorporated.

It is more difficult to imagine any US or Canadian dates. I can't see the support, aside from a few one-offs in cities like New York, Montreal, San Francisco. The European tour looks like it will be a money losing proposition, and for whatever reason, Sylvian has indicated that this may be OK. (He seemed to indicate that no dates will be cancelled, despite ticket sales.) Given the number of dates, and the venues booked, this is an enigmatic project.
natsume
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Blemished on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:22 am

I hope you get your wish re Japan.

natsume wrote:He seemed to indicate that no dates will be cancelled, despite ticket sales.) Given the number of dates, and the venues booked, this is an enigmatic project.

There have been a few comments here and on other discussion groups that suggest ticket sales are slow. I know David made that comment about enjoying the tour even if it's playing to a handful of people, but does anyone have any knowledge of how sales are? The Albert Hall in London is a large venue but I have no idea of the capacity of most other venues.

Or are these comments simply guesses based on the view that David will be focusing on the newer, supposedly more 'difficult' material?
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Simonp on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:04 am

I'm really surprised that David has chosen such large venues for this tour. That said the Albert Hall gig is almost sold out I believe. I'm just curious to know how this lineup of musicians and the choice of material will sound in such cavernous surroundings. Glasgow tickets are NOT selling well at all.
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:00 am

Blemished wrote:does anyone have any knowledge of how sales are?

Got some info on the sales of 3 out of 4 italian dates (I counted the still available seats one by one on the official italian on-line seller's site!):
Padua has yet to sell 510 tickets out of 2320 available;
Milan has still 164 tickets out of 1532;
Bologna has 496 out of 950 (looks like I'm gonna have plenty of space :lol: ).

I have no numbers for the Rome concert, because the seller is different.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby banyan on Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:16 pm

Implausible Beauty Tour 2012

Counting down the days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3cZos-l ... e=youtu.be
banyan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Blemished on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:33 pm

Nice. Thanks for posting. The images remind me of the Blemish tour.

It reinforces the idea that there'll be some interesting visual backdrops for this tour. Roll on March...
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Mainzy on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:39 am

I am realy looking forward to this tour, I agree with many of the comments made, I have tried (unsuccessfuly sometimes) to keep up and understand the directional changes, I had dificulty fully appreciating Blemish, but did enjoy some of the tracks. I was present in Bristol for the Blemish tour when people were just getting up and walking out. It was a low stage and The band must have noticed.

But as already stated this is not just music it is also art, and people will hear and feel different emotions than others.

Roll on Birmingham :-D
"Blessed with all the thunder in the world"
Mainzy
Regular
Regular

Postby swordofdestiny on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:05 am

Anybody who walks out of a David Sylvian concert is a worthless waste of space and thinks they are more important than the artist.
swordofdestiny
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Mainzy on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:39 pm

I agree to some of what you say swordofdestiny, I wouldn’t dream of walking out, however if their last purchase of David’s was brilliant trees or even dead bees they would have been completely dumbfounded by Blemish. I have followed every step of the way, and I am not afraid to say that some of the music is even hard for me to appreciate, so I am not sure that they are a waste of space, maybe just didn’t have the drive or media to obtain the latest releases. I had to listen in a dark room to Blemish at least 10 times to appreciate it for what it was (even David has states that sometimes his music is not easy to enjoy) so to walk into a theatre expecting one thing and then getting another must be too hard for some people to take.

i am sure that David would not want his followers to have an "emperors new clothes" mentality towards his music, some you love, some you like, some ...... you get my point ? :)
"Blessed with all the thunder in the world"
Mainzy
Regular
Regular

Previous

Return to Solo Work