I know it's none of my business but....

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

I know it's none of my business but....

Postby Darkest Dreamer on Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:03 pm

I wonder why Ingrid asked David for a dvorce? I mean they seemed really happy and have lovely children.

I haven't ready many interviews, has David mentioned anything? Probably not, I would imagine. Anyone have any inside information, or could even guess?

I think it is really sad and I feel very bad for David. It seemed like with Ingrid, David had really found a soul-mate.
"I don't want to be alone with all my darkest dreaming..."
Darkest Dreamer
Regular
Regular

Postby proggrl on Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:11 pm

Yeah I was pretty devistated when I heard that. Who knows why relationships fail, sometimes they just do and when they do, its best for both parties to move on.
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:43 pm

Are you sure it was Ingrid who asked him for the divorce? I'm a bit in the dark on this as well.

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:26 am

I don't have a clue about that , but , yes , it was really sad.
I don't think that David let us know much about it except what he tells in his music.
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Darkest Dreamer on Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:58 am

I should have done spell check (is there one built in here?) and I meant to post this topic in the misc. Anyway, I don't know what gave me the impression it was Ingrid. I mean it could have been the other way around. Maybe because of the whole Damage CD where he was talking about all the hurt and anger.

Come to think of it though, my last marriage to a man who turned out to be gay, he was very hurt and angry also. Actually, due to being so attracted to David when I was a teenager caused me to be attracted to effeminite men. Subsequently I dated four guys and married another who all turned out to be gay. I am not blaming David for my bad choices (and I have nothing against anyone gay and feel that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being gay), I think it was just an unfortunate 80's trend. As we all know, lots of male band members were wearing make-up.

I have to say, controversial though this statement is, I have always wondered a little about David. Please don't misunderstand me I love David either way and really don't care. But this website is for discussing David/Japan and it is something I have been thinking about.
Darkest Dreamer
Regular
Regular

Postby heartofdavid on Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:42 am

Darkest Dreamer wrote:I have to say, controversial though this statement is, I have always wondered a little about David.

I don't think it's really controversial. David himself has made quite candid comments about sex and his sexuality at times. There's an article in "Blitz" (British magazine) from 1986 where he talks very openly about this, and I've never heard any mention that the article had been fabricated in any way.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:14 pm

my take on david is he experimented.... i read somewhere that he's not terribly interested in sex... that Ingrid sort of awakened that in him. We all experiment with things when we're young.... trying to find our way.
I'm pretty certain he's straight.... when it comes tot he divorce I believe it was ingrid who asked for it. From what i've heard him say about it he was rather surprised by it all. I think its only natural to run the gamet of emotions when a marriage falls apart. So, anger, sadness, a period of grief seems very natural.
Obviously we're all curious about it, but as the title to the post says it isn't any of our business....
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:00 pm

Yeah, Gods... I remember reading that in the Last Romantic... But whether he was gay, straight, bi, tri- It wouldn't bother me. I just feel bad about his divorce. But yeah, it really isn't any of our business but is still curious to talk about.

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Is anything about David's life really any of our business?

Postby Darkest Dreamer on Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:44 pm

Hey, thank you heartofdavid for the info. I am curious about this and would like to read this article so I'll look it up.

Is anything about David's life any of our business really? Do you think he would like the fact that we are all discussing him and his private life endlessly? Probably not, but unfortunately that is part of the price you pay for fame and being recognized as an artist. I am sure David has accumulated a certain amount of wealth from this, etc.

I should have not named the post "it's none of my business" because nothing about David really is. None of us know him personally, so who cares. We should be able to discuss anything about him (respectfully ofcourse) on this website. Otherwise, why am I here?
Darkest Dreamer
Regular
Regular

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:17 pm

oh i agree... i was just thinking that it must be terribly upsetting to go through this... just made me feel badly is all....
I agree we are here to talk about all things david :-)
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:45 pm

I think being a public figure opens you up to discussion among fans about anything and everything. It natural, I think, for that to happen. Fans are interested and curious.

Details regarding a personal matter though are private to the individual. But David has shared details of his personal life, from time to time, he's communicated them in interviews and in his lyrics. The lyrics from "blemish" and "Snow Borne Sorrow" speak plainly at times about his divorce. I think it was the lyrics of the former that started speculation among fans.

To me, that's part of what makes David's music so special. It's personal to him but it also illustrates emotions (and possible situations) that people can relate to themselves. He shares and gives from himself, that's what touches people.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:02 pm

I agree with you HeartofDavid. I also agree that perhaps it is none of our business, but how the heck are you gonna stop people from talking or questioning? It's not like we live this 24/7. And it is not like we would walk up to him and ask him this stuff (although i guess some people do, especially if it is their job to do so). I just know I couldn't. Heck, if I was in front of him, I'd be lucky to even walk up to him, much less speak---lol.

Sooo, I understand if one asks questions here, because it is easier to ask others who share an interest and may just have some insight.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:18 am

I agree with you. Maybe it's not of our bussiness , but , you know, when an artist open his heart or his ideas to the public trough his work , it's inevitable that it happens.
It's normal that a fan feel curious about an artist's life because his personality and experiences make his work as it is. I don't think it's bad as long as it is respectful.
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:10 am

I can agree with that.... especially when i sit down and listen to blemish and wonder in my head about what went on.... its an amazing cd...
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:12 am

I couldn't have said it better myself. I agree with you guys.

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Next

Return to Solo Work