David working with Steve on something new...

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

David working with Steve on something new...

Postby Blemished on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:26 am

I've already posted this on the Japan threads, but thought it was worth highlighting here too.

Musician Hugh Carswell has a blog - Journals from Jura. A recent post of his was 'Remote working with Steve Jansen'. It discusses how the two of them collaborated - this is the link:

http://ianson.wordpress.com/2011/05/18/ ... ve-jansen/

One bit jumps out - it mentions that Steve has been over in the US working with David in the Samadhi Sound studio. There is a photo of Steve's drums setup in the SamadhiSound studio. This is the key quote below:

By happy co-incidence around the same time Steve was in New Hampshire working with his brother at his Samadhisound Studio, so we were able to record all the live takes there.

The timing of the blog suggests that David and Steve must have been working together at some point this year :D . Anybody have any idea what they might be working on?

I can't think that it would be Steve's follow up to Slope. If David's involved with that it would more likely be through file sharing. It must surely be new Nine Horses work or possibly a new project for David? It might also be linked to the duets project with Joan Wasser? Maybe we really will hear another DS record with...gasp...drums!
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: David working with Steve on something new...

Postby ob8 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:42 pm

Not been on here very much but for me this is great news, not sure if this is common knowledge hence no replies but it's news and good news for me.

It's a little strange that there are no comments on this thread but there's a few about his calender ! I am not trying to cause trouble here, even though it's not something I will buy I am happy that people are supporting David and SamadhiSound.

For me it's a bit paradoxical, David is releasing the most experimental music of his beautiful career and also doing a calender.

He has always been a crazy cat and long may it continue. :-D
ob8
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Solo Work