Plight re-issue

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Plight re-issue

Postby Simonp on Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:36 am

So David's going to be performing Plight & Premonition at Punkt. Wonder if this will prompt the much talked about reissue? Anyone know if this is still on the cards...Baht?
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Plight re-issue

Postby digimarsh on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:33 pm

It would be nice to see both Plight and Flux , re issued and remastered as they have been somewhat overlooked to date.
They are both exceptional as we all know, there was the bonus disk with Camphor which did include the bulk of the Plight recording and was most welcome, but it is not a full re-issue ,which would be preferable.
I do feel that since David has parted ways with Virgin (who i presume hold the rights), a re master /re-issue is not that likely , as they would only be interested if it was a potential decent seller.I think the original albums may get lost in the mists of time, i have said this before ,cd copies of these 2 tend to fetch a bit on ebay these days.
digimarsh
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:51 am

I was just asking because i remember reading a while back that Holger Czukay was planning on remastering these albums for release. It seems to have died a death. Shame, they're two of my favourite Sylvian releases and I hope the remasters will see the light of day
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby digimarsh on Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:24 am

yes , i could not agree more, i actually thought around the time they remastered the other stuff ,(sobh ect) ,it would have
happend ,but alas not.
I sadly think ,that ship has now sailed, a used copy of flux will set you back £20 on amazon by the way.
digimarsh
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kitaj on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:03 am

the Flux and Plight remasters - remastered by Holger himself - have been completed and ready for release (including new bonus remixes by Holger and David respectively, and even new artwork for Flux) for some years now. unfortunately, the SPV label which had been in charge of the Holger remasters for some years eventually folded. I, too, dearly hope some other party would be interested in having them sooner than later.. of course - :idea: Samadhisound are the first to come to mind..
kitaj
Obsessed
Obsessed

Return to Solo Work