David Sylvian at Punkt

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

David Sylvian at Punkt

Postby Snowborne on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:39 am

Snowborne
Regular
Regular

Re: David Sylvian at Punkt

Postby Haldeman Gracie on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:49 am

£175+fees for a ticket to all of it. Might look into the logistics of getting there from London, it sounds great.
Haldeman Gracie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby opiate on Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:16 am

VERY excited by this! I'm looking into going also :D
I hear them breathing
They know what I have done, all that I've been through
I tell them secrets
And who's to say it isn't so?
opiate
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby baht habit on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:32 am

Thanks for posting that, snowborne.
taken from the Samadhi Sound website:
"This evening of concerts features the debut live performance of the 1988 release Plight and Premonition, and David Sylvian will lead an improvisation based on the original release. In addition to David, the concert will feature some of his chief collaborators of the past few years: John Tilbury, Jan Bang, and Erik Honoré, with the addition of Eivind Aarset and Philip Jeck." 

"The entire Friday evening has been curated by David Sylvian and will feature artists with whom he's had significant relations as collaborator, composer and label owner. Confirmed so far: John Tilbury, Evan Parker, Okkyung Lee, John Russell, and Japanese/Norwegian group Koboku Senjo (Toshimaru Nakamura, Tetuzi Akiyama, Espen Reinertsen, Eivind Lønning, Martin Taxt) featuring trumpeter Arve Henriksen."

It appears as though Sylvian is lining up quite an intriguing evening of performances for concert goers. I'm especially pleased to see the inclusion of Tilbury. During Ryuichi Sakamoto's performance at the Concert for Japan, I couldn't help but think of the unique approach and technique which Tilbury happens to possess while watching Sakamoto attempt to take a page out of his book and manipulate the strings of the piano. Though Sakamoto couldn't quite bring about the thundering 'timpani-like' sound which Tilbury has certainly mastered, the intent was somewhat admirable.
Tilbury impresses me so much for the contrast between his delicate touch and his outward aggression while utilizing the piano as a percussion instrument. While listening to some of the recent AMM releases, I find that I cannot always pick out for certain if it is Prevost or Tilbury providing the percussive attack.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby tulipmania on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:33 am

I have my flights booked to Kristiansund, will look at accom later on. I doubt it ll be a problem.
tulipmania
Regular
Regular

Postby silentwings on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:01 am

I shall also be attending... ..the more I read about Punkt, the more I think this is going to be a wonderful experience...
“Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.” att to Jack Kerouac
silentwings
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby opiate on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:48 am

The Punkt Festival passes are now very close to being sold out. These are the only tickets that guarantee access to all David Sylvian related arrangements at Punkt 2011, including his instrumental "Plight & Premonition" concert and the exclusive opening evening of the audiovisual installation "Uncommon Deities". For more info and tickets, visit www.punktfestival.no. For questions: post@punktfestival.no.

Bought! :D
I hear them breathing
I tell them secrets
opiate
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Snowborne on Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:37 am

tulipmania wrote:I have my flights booked to Kristiansund

Please make sure that you have booked your flight to Kristiansand, not Kristiansund.

It has been years since my last visit to Kristiansand, but I remember it as a very nice place. ( With sun, beer and seafood...)
I'm really looking forward to this!
Snowborne
Regular
Regular

Postby Skrift on Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi, a message from the Punkt Festival organizers: Fewer than 20 Festival Passes left now (see http://www.punktfestival.no under News and Tickets for details). If you have problems ordering (or any other questions re. accommodation in different price categories, travel etc.), please don't hesitate to mail us at post@punktfestival.no.

And as someone mentioned above: The name of our town is Kristiansand with an "a", not Kristiansund.

Day passes and some single tickets will be available later (including day passes for Friday September 2nd, curated by Sylvian and featuring his own instrumental concert based on the "Plight and Premonition" album), but those will not give access to the exclusive "Uncommon Deities" installation opening at the arts museum on Thursday 1st, due to very limited audience capacity. Hope to see you at Punkt!
Punkt is Norwegian musicians and producers Jan Bang/Erik Honoré.
Skrift
Noob
Noob

Tickets for David Sylvian at Punkt, Norway

Postby Punkt on Mon May 02, 2011 6:00 pm

Day Passes for Friday September 2nd are now available (Festival Passes are sold out).

This evening features the debut live performance of the 1988 release “Plight and Premonition”. In addition to David Sylvian, this instrumental concert will feature John Tilbury, Jan Bang, Erik Honoré, Eivind Aarset, and Philip Jeck. The entire evening, consisting of 4 main stage concerts and 4 Live Remixes, has been curated by Sylvian. See http://www.punktfestival.no for info/tickets. Info mail: post@punktfestival.no .
Punkt
Noob
Noob

Postby opiate on Wed May 04, 2011 2:58 pm

If anybody else is going, and you fancy it, give me a shout and we can meet for a beer and chat? It'd nice to meet :-)
I hear them breathing
I tell them secrets
opiate
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Skrift on Wed May 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Please let us know if you have any questions - whether it's regarding the programme, travel/accommodation or where to eat/drink in Kristiansand. Yes, we're a small festival ... :-) Mail: post@punktfestival.no
Skrift
Noob
Noob

Postby Simonp on Thu May 05, 2011 3:01 am

I've got my ticket and accomodation sorted for it. Just need to organise flights now :)
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Slope on Sat May 07, 2011 8:11 am

This sounds very enjoyable - but a question - what does "curate" mean, in the context of "Friday evening will be curated by Sylvian"?
Slope
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Skrift on Sat May 07, 2011 11:39 am

Hi! "Curated by David Sylvian" means that in addition to performing his own instrumental concert together with John Tilbury, Philip Jeck, Eivind Aarset, Jan Bang and Erik Honoré (based on Plight & Premonition), Sylvian decides who plays all the other concerts that evening. So far the following artists are confirmed for these concerts and live-remixes: John Tilbury, Evan Parker, Okkyung Lee, John Russell, Arve Henriksen, Japanese/Norwegian group Koboku Senjo (Toshimaru Nakamura, Tetuzi Akiyama, Espen Reinertsen, Eivind Lønning, Martin Taxt), and compositions by Dai Fujikura. In addition, there will be live remixes by Stephan Mathieu, the Norwegian/French quartet Dans les Arbres (Christian Wallumrød, Ivar Grydeland, Ingar Zach, Xavier Charles) and others. Please note: Day passes guarantee access to all main stage concert, including Sylvian, of course. The live remixes are free for pass holders, but there's limited capacity, so access there is "first come, first served". Best regards, Erik, Punkt.
Skrift
Noob
Noob

Next

Return to Solo Work