any updates?

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

any updates?

Postby Simonp on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:54 am

Anyone heard any news on the Fujikura collaboration? It's supposed to be out at the start of this year is it not?
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: any updates?

Postby baht habit on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:58 am

Simonp wrote:Anyone heard any news on the Fujikura collaboration? It's supposed to be out at the start of this year is it not?

Hey Simon, I probably should have begun a new thread rather than providing updates on the 'Just Under The Radar' thread...I'll put them here from now on. :-)

baht habit wrote:
Update December 17th: Dai Fujikura completed his final remix, and is reported to be thrilled that Sylvian is so very enthusiastic with the results. Evidently, Sylvian is planning on working diligently enough to get this product mixed, mastered and released, so that they can focus on their full fledged collaborative project.

and this was from the 6th of February:
I know that there has been a lull in the conversation around here of late, so I'm thrilled to share with everyone the little tidbit that this first collaborative effort between Sylvian and Fujikura is moving forward exactly as scheduled. The mastering stage is now complete and the design for the cover art has been created. Now all that is left is some announcement from Samadhi Sound regarding a release date and pre-orders ... mid-March? early April?

Also, It seems as though Dai Fujikura will also be releasing a solo album on Samadhi Sound this year. I've been told that he happens to be writing more compositions with the guitar as the prominent instrument, much in the same vein of the piece 'Abandoned Time', which he wrote for ICE guitarist Dan Lippel backed by an orchestral combo....and supposedly Fujikura has been collaborating with musicians such as Jan Bang, Arve Henriksen, and composed a piece titled Peripheral Movements with Ryuichi Sakamoto -- yet there has been no clear indication of what the specific focus of this particular project will be, so we'll just have to wait and see.
Last edited by baht habit on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:26 am

Hey Baht

Thanks for this. Exciting news indeed. I hadn't realised that Sylvian/Fujikura were working on an entirely new project. I thought they were working together purely on a revised version of Manafon? Also great news that Samadhisound will be releasing a new work by Fujikura. I was very impressed by the Five Lines track and look forward to hearing more of his work

S
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby digimarsh on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:45 pm

was hoping to hear an update on the release date,thanks
good news too on the brand new project
digimarsh
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:12 pm

Simonp wrote:Hey Baht
Thanks for this. Exciting news indeed. I hadn't realised that Sylvian/Fujikura were working on an entirely new project. I thought they were working together purely on a revised version of Manafon?
S

Yes, the description has been specified as a more 'expansive' project. I believe that is why the work on this re-mix / re-interpretation project has been somewhat accelerated. I don't know how many new tracks will be included on this upcoming release, but Sylvian and Fujikura plan on composing more material and hopefully that will be released later this year. Personally, I am hoping that the word 'expansive' could also infer any inclusion of their first collaborative effort, When We Return You Won't Recognise Us, but that might be a long shot.
In a way, the circumstances could be considered as quite similar to what occured in 2005 - where Sylvian attempted to build on a previous project and released the remixed Blemish under the title Good Son Vs Only Daughter (included were two remixes by Burnt Friedman, who eventually wound up as a contributor and composer in Nine Horses)... then followed that up with the release of Snow Borne Sorrow later during the same year. This upcoming project incorporates Fujikura's musical perspective into the contents of a previous project and then the two are planning to work on a joint venture fully formed from scratch, which does seem - as you wrote - exciting.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6 ... 4930698906
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby banyan on Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Hi

Dai Fujikura tweeted today -

'Glad David Sylvian also liked my interview on David's new coming CD which I am deeply involved'

Sounds like it won't be long before the release!

r.
banyan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby inkinthewell on Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:44 pm

:smt023
Does anybody know more about that interview?
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Solo Work