Dusted Review of Sleepwalkers

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Re: Dusted Review of Sleepwalkers

Postby Adrian on Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:31 am

I would agree on that, Blemished...
And, a word of warning: since I started getting into this area of music, I seem to have lost interest in most other musics - so beware! :-)
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby jon abbey on Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:04 pm

hehe, yep, that'll happen. :D
jon abbey
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Adrian on Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:09 am

I wasn't expecting them (see earlier in this thread) yet, but they arrived today, and in perfect condition too! These will be a great foil for all the drab Bing and Mariah crap... They were shipped from US on Saturday I believe, so having them here on Wednesday is amazin to me (I live in a country where post between two adresses in the same town can sometimes take a week...)
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby jon abbey on Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:05 pm

nice!

you should bump the Erstwhile thread if you want to talk about them, Adrian, I feel bad taking over this one.
jon abbey
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby baht habit on Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:20 pm

jon abbey wrote:nice!

you should bump the Erstwhile thread if you want to talk about them, Adrian, I feel bad taking over this one.

Don't worry about such a thing, Jon. I started the thread and grant you guys carte blanche to discuss anything Erstwhile related. :) I am often guilty of 'high-jacking' threads, as I drift off to other topics.
:-) Take heed as I digress yet once again:

I've learned that Dai Fujikura is planning to work with Ryuichi Sakamoto on a collaborative project at some point in the coming year.
Also, this seems like a longshot in my personal opinion, but I'll share it nonetheless - I have been informed that Fujikura has been added to the roster of musicians at the Nordic Music Festival, which would take place next summer, and he is hoping to entice Sylvian into being involved as a performer as well.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby karnsculpture on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:05 am

I think it's likely Sakamoto will work with Sylvian again now they have re-connected personally so the mention of a Sakamoto - Dai collaboration is not a surprise and I'd hope DS is involved too. Sylvian should tour with Ryuichi and Dai, perform new material and totally new interpretations of older songs.
Paul
nightporter.co.uk
karnsculpture
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:37 pm

karnsculpture wrote: Sylvian should tour with Ryuichi and Dai, perform new material and totally new interpretations of older songs.

I'm under the assumption that creating 'totally new interpretations of older songs' would be the ideal way for Sylvian to find any interest in performing his past compositions. We were made quite aware that he was fairly ambivalent towards a majority of the material while on tour in 2007 and he was basically going through the motions one final time for the fan base.
To witness Sylvian performing live with a string quartet conducted by Fujikura seems like the most probable scenario if there were any chance that Sylvian would muster up any interest whatsoever in touring. Obviously, there is a new project which revolves around the use of strings and there are older songs that would translate quite well if placed in an orchestral setting...and the minimalism of a string quartet would not bust a budget, so the logistics wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Adrian on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:53 am

Also, 'string quartet' might open up different ways of sponsorship - Veuve Cliquot instead of Coca Cola...
anyway, I would go to see him again, but it's not a must for me I have to say...
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Stoobie on Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:19 am

karnsculpture wrote:I think it's likely Sakamoto will work with Sylvian again now they have re-connected personally so the mention of a Sakamoto - Dai collaboration is not a surprise and I'd hope DS is involved too. Sylvian should tour with Ryuichi and Dai, perform new material and totally new interpretations of older songs.

I have always hoped David & Ryuichi would do a joint album and then Tour ~ nothing would please me more. My favourite works of Davids usually has Rui in there.

Ride
Blue of Noon
Forbidden Colours
Bamboo Houses
Waterfront
etc....

Stoobie :mrgreen:
Stoobie
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to Solo Work