Sleepwalkers album cover

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Sleepwalkers album cover

Postby Simonp on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:40 am

I think it's the first album cover designed by Chris Bigg that I don't like. The font size on the front is way too small for a start. I can barely make out "Sleepwalkers". Am I alone in this?
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Sleepwalkers album cover

Postby baht habit on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:02 pm

Simonp wrote:I think it's the first album cover designed by Chris Bigg that I don't like. The font size on the front is way too small for a start. I can barely make out "Sleepwalkers". Am I alone in this?

Yeah, the font for the title is quite tiny. I personally wasn't all that impressed with the cover design for Feiner's The Opiates and I think this one is just as poor. But since it is merely a compilation and not a unified release, I suppose I would be less discerning when it comes to that sort of thing. Actually, I would have preferred a pale bleak cover with nothing more than Sylvian's name and the title Sleepwalkers on it. I don't think I'll ever comprehend any correlation between the content of the music and the pictures used to promote it, but that is probably due to a great lack in sense of art on my part. :-)
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Sleepwalkers album cover

Postby missouriman on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:15 pm

Kristamas Klouch is a very original artist in my opinion. She concentrates on feminine even sexual images of women but on their terms. I guess David finds that an interesting subject and felt KK's work deserved a wider audience.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Solo Work