David Sylvian new press pic

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

David Sylvian new press pic

Postby Simonp on Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:42 am

New image of David on his biography page...very Carl McCoy-ish
http://www.davidsylvian.com/biography/
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: David Sylvian new press pic

Postby heartofdavid on Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:30 am

Simonp wrote:New image of David on his biography page...very Carl McCoy-ish

Except much prettier. Thanks for letting us know, I rarely check anything beyond the news, text, and images pages at the site.

Edit to add - I wonder how recent it is? Looks like he's wearing the same black coat as in The Wire interview images, wouldn't think he'd be wearing that anywhere this time of year.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby missouriman on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:04 am

Reminds me of old man William Burroughs. Cool photo though.

Admittedly, a homosexual can be conditioned to react sexually to a woman, or to an old boot for that matter. In fact, both homo - and heterosexual experimental subjects have been conditioned to react sexually to an old boot, and you can save a lot of money that way.
William S. Burroughs
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:51 am

missouriman wrote:Reminds me of old man William Burroughs. Cool photo though.

Admittedly, a homosexual can be conditioned to react sexually to a woman, or to an old boot for that matter. In fact, both homo - and heterosexual experimental subjects have been conditioned to react sexually to an old boot, and you can save a lot of money that way.
William S. Burroughs

giggel giggel :smt044 :-D

I wonder who took the pic.....

Bye the way the coat in the wire mag is from prada ive have the same one its dark blue looks black on the wire pics and doesnt have a zip like davids new coat in this foto .... :smt006
neonico

Postby heartofdavid on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:10 pm

David's appearance in recent years reminds me very much of John Singer Sargent's portraits of Robert Louis Stevenson. For example, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rober ... argent.jpg
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:50 pm

heartofdavid wrote:David's appearance in recent years reminds me very much of John Singer Sargent's portraits of Robert Louis Stevenson. For example, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rober ... argent.jpg

The first i dont agree the second quiet nice man actually but the moustache ...david doesnt have that gay moustache...

though i dont have anything against gay people they can be quiet beautiful actually without the over lip hair ... :smt006
neonico

Postby heartofdavid on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:59 pm

neonico wrote:though i dont have anything against gay people they can be quiet beautiful actually without the over lip hair ... :smt006

What? *sigh...whatever*
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:11 pm

heartofdavid wrote:
neonico wrote:though i dont have anything against gay people they can be quiet beautiful actually without the over lip hair ... :smt006

What? *sigh...whatever*

? :?:
neonico

Postby missouriman on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:27 pm

David's appearance in recent years reminds me very much of John Singer Sargent's portraits of Robert Louis Stevenson. For example, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rober ... argent.jpg

There is that late American facial hair thing going on. Not really a gay thing. Very popular in the 1880s. DS is a man alone. I wonder what the folks who live near him think when he ventures out? I would hate it feeling different and having to engage your average New Hampshire folk. Probably weird side glances that he sees and makes him feel like he should never have left the house. America is a big place, but it really does not welcome those who look different. The unspoken urge to conform to the norm is on BIG TIME here. And New Hampshire is a very conservative place unlike the states next door; Vermont and New York. I feel sorry for David really. You just want to do your thing and be left alone when all is said and done. :(
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:47 pm

missouriman wrote:In fact, both homo - and heterosexual experimental subjects have been conditioned to react sexually to an old boot, and you can save a lot of money that way.
William S. Burroughs

Well that certainly offers the first possible explanation for me as to why anyone would ever consider George Clooney even remotely attractive.

More research money well spent. :roll:
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby darkerbird on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:31 pm

Hmm... he looks like the Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...*to the opening bars of Snow White In Appalachia, David sings.."Lollipops, ice cream and all free today"...*
darkerbird
Regular
Regular

Postby opiate on Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:53 pm

darkerbird wrote:Hmm... he looks like the Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...*to the opening bars of Snow White In Appalachia, David sings.."Lollipops, ice cream and all free today"...*

Childcatcher: There are children here somewhere. I can smell them.

LOL :D
I hear them breathing
They know what I have done, all that I've been through
I tell them secrets
And who's to say it isn't so?
opiate
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Serotonin on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:47 pm

David is amazing... whilst most people over 30 or so loose it (mainly due to smoking), he still retains those luscious, pounting gorgeous lips. I love this photo!
Serotonin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to Solo Work