sleepwalkers vid

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

sleepwalkers vid

Postby neonico on Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:45 am

Mr sylvian has posted a vid for the titel track sleepwalkers unfortunately no wanting to be rude and it is the titel track but ........i think some one was bored one evening....
well.....make your own conclusions.....
neonico

Re: sleepwalkers vid

Postby opiate on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:31 am

Totally agree, this vid sucks big amatuer-hour monkey balls. :(
I hear them breathing
They know what I have done, all that I've been through
I tell them secrets
And who's to say it isn't so?
opiate
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby heartofdavid on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:20 pm

Comments about the vid were already made on the other thread, but maybe a good idea to give it a place of its own.

For me, it is an unspired meeting of audio and visual.

And reminds me of zombies...maybe David's into the zombie craze that's so popular now in books and films. :lol:
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Adrian on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:51 am

not really a video but the title track to the new comp. which to these ears sounds different - along with some still images by the same artist that is featured on the sleeve. I like the track and I like the images, so no problem with me. Let's face it, David will never be on mtv ever, so just enjoy it for what it is: some images against a musical background; or the other way around if you prefer...
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby opiate on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:50 pm

Bit of a stushy tonight when Ms Klousch got her knickers (or lack of them) in a twist over another artist appearing to 'steal' the same artwork as used on Sleepwalkers. Below is what she posted up on Facebook.

Kristamas Klousch: Hey guys I just found this out, I wasn't going to say anything but you know what -- I'm sick of people stealing artwork. Someone has used my Selfportrait 'Bastest for their CD, they didn't ask to use it (it is being used for Sleepwalkers) and they are claiming someone named Antoine Leroux Dhuis made my selfpotrait. Go check it out please!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ELSE/177486121667?ref=share
ELSE Else is a french artist with a brand new pop folk project. After different experiences with many other music styles (jazz quintet, classical duets and solos, french style music), his music is actually taking a new direction, something more electric, associated to rich h...

This is what Klousch also posted on thier (ELSE) page:
Exccuse me but the photo this band has used on their cd civer is my copyright and a selfportrait of ME .. they have never asked nor had permission to use this picture.. my website is here: http://www.kristamas.net and I also have a facebook page and a flickr .. i will be taking legal action if my picture is not removed.

This is ELSE's reply:
I didn't know this until Saturday night, when a friend sent me the link of another artist using the same photography. I realised then there was something wrong... So i checked yersterday what was going on. The graphist who worked for me never told me he had used this picture without any authorization, he never told me where this picture was coming from... I even thought it was HIS picture!

This front cover is going to be removed. It was supposed to be the first album cover... Next time i'll be more careful, because i really care about respecting others.

Please accept my apologies about this story, and congratulations for your work, i didn't know what you were doing, this is a great job.

Sincerely
Else

It was a genuine misunderstanding and not a deliberate misuse of someones work. However, I'm quite appalled at her posting it up publicly which resulted in a quite a vulgar response from her 'friends' acting on her behalf. Lots of them 'liked' their bandpage just so they could leave their comments. The band rectified this with immediate effect and apologised. Quite simply, that's all she had to do. I do this frequently in my line of work with various folks stealing and torrenting left right and centre. Tbh you can't stop it (it doesn't make it right though) but you just try and contain it where possible. I think it was churlish and petulant reaction frankly.

Just no need in my book.... :(
I hear them breathing
I tell them secrets
opiate
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby opiate on Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:53 pm

Ah!
Seems it's hit a nerve and she has taken it all down and been very apologetic about it. Well played missus. :wink:
Move along folks, nothing to see here.... :oops:
I hear them breathing
I tell them secrets
opiate
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby inkinthewell on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:20 am

opiate wrote:Tbh you can't stop it (it doesn't make it right though) but you just try and contain it where possible.

Absolutely!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Solo Work