A Man of No Significance

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

A Man of No Significance

Postby angel-a on Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:37 am

'Amplified Gesture' will be shown in Japan in Oct and Nov (with Japanese subtitles). Prior to AG, a short introduction film, 'A Man of No Significance', created by David will be shown.

Introduction Film for Amplified Gesture
『a man of no significance』by David Sylvian

It was an effort to forge something new from an unlikely coalition or collision of backgrounds and disciplines.
By David Sylvian

Filmed/edited by David Sylvian
7.5 mins
(c) samadhisound

Screenings:
29 and 30 Oct 2010
21:00~
TOKYO baus theatre
1,800 JPY
Guests: Takagi Masakatsu (29) and Nakamura Toshimaru (30)

6 - 19 Nov 2010
OSAKA cine nouveau

late Nov 2010
SAPPORO theatre kino

Detailed information in Japanese.
http://bls-act.co.jp/news/2006
angel-a
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: A Man of No Significance

Postby Hawk on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:19 pm

This sounds interesting. Any more news on what 'A Man of No Significance' consists of? Sounds like David following some random guy around with a video camera... :shock:
Hawk
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby baht habit on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:06 am

Well, since the line 'it's such a melancholy blue or a grey of no significance' appears in "The Greatest Living Englishman", and the lyrics of that song seem to contain quite a bit of sardonic self-parody on his part, then we could possibly assume that a title such as A Man Of No Significance might just be another fine example of Sylvian knocking himself down a few pegs yet once again.
I surely doubt that Sylvian would have any such feeling of superiority in order to dismiss - as you put it - "some random guy" as being insignificant.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby angel-a on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:50 am

The Japanese website just mentions the introduction film is with narration by David. So not sure if he will be in the film.

Update:
26 Nov
21:00-
SAPPORO Theatre Kino
angel-a
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby natsume on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:04 am

I've got my fingers crossed that they throw in a Nagoya showing (my neck of the woods). If it can show up in Sapporo, it can certainly show in Nagoya.
natsume
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:55 am

Introduction film for Amplified Gesture
A man of no significance" by David Sylvian

It was an effort to forge something new from an unlikely coalition or collision of backgrounds and disciplines. I By David Sylvian

It's different backgrounds and fields among, from the unlikely combination and conflict, was trying to create something new.
David Sylvian

"Amplified Gesture" Sylvian does not appear in person, making his narration of the film plus a new introduction And the world premiere screening in Japan.

Cast: David Sylvian shooting and editing: David Sylvian 2010, 07 minutes and 30 seconds
© samadhisound © samadhisound

here states that mr sylvian doesnt appear in the short introduction film hes just filming and narrating..

got this from the epiphany works site thats in english
neonico

Return to Solo Work