New album of photographs by David up now!

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

New album of photographs by David up now!

Postby Simonp on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:03 am

MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: New album of photographs by David up now!

Postby inkinthewell on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:41 am

It might probably depend on my present mood, but I think these pictures are pleasantly colourful and humorous. Great stuff. :D
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby missouriman on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:31 pm

I concur. Great set of photos. Humor and pathos. What more can you ask for? And is it just me or does anybody else like it when he swears? :-D
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby opiate on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:42 pm

ooh I did a double take on the swearing * absolutely loves it* :D
I hear them breathing
They know what I have done, all that I've been through
I tell them secrets
And who's to say it isn't so?
opiate
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Hawk on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:29 pm

WOW great pictures! Always so unusually usual... I WANT THAT ORANGE LIZARD THING!! :smt007 I think it was once the little fish...and the paper octopus... I think David's camera has magic powers.

Is it just me or does 'Directors Chair' move when you scroll down? I think it's an illusion... the tiles look like they get bigger.

Awesome.
Hawk
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Simonp on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:54 am

I wonder if "The Girl in the Mirror" is one of David's daughters? And he's wearing a wedding ring in one of the pics?
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby missouriman on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:12 am

Simonp wrote:I wonder if "The Girl in the Mirror" is one of David's daughters? And he's wearing a wedding ring in one of the pics?

I am pretty sure that is Ameera in the mirror. You can see she has David's stare and yet the softness of Ingrid about her. And I was touched to see he still wears his ring or else it is impossible to remove. My mother can't take her ring off at all.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby tracycowell on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:18 am

Simonp wrote:I wonder if "The Girl in the Mirror" is one of David's daughters? And he's wearing a wedding ring in one of the pics?

It is indeed, Isobel..
Ask yourself: Do I know who I am? Perform sincere self-inquiry, and find the permanent solution to all of life’s problems. — Amma
tracycowell
Regular
Regular

Postby neonico on Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:44 pm

tracycowell wrote:

It is indeed, Isobel..

yes its isobel

and the ring i wear the same one the same size but its not a wedding ring for me i just wear it ....

and i dont know why ,,,its just well nice i think ...i think thats also ok... :oops: :oops:
neonico

Postby baht habit on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:53 pm

Simon, thanks for making us aware of the new photo set. I had assumed that the pictures taken of Dai Fujikura conducting the members of ICE were from an earlier session that produced Five Lines, but I was wrong. Five Lines was completed back at some point in April and these pics (those three that include the string quartet featuring Jennifer Curtis and Erik Carlson on violins) are from a recent session consisting of music that Fujikura is still working on and plans on turning it over to Sylvian after some rearranging takes place. I can't help but wonder what sounds Sylvian will present to his fans next as he delves head first into the realm of contemporary orchestral music. I do hope it results in a full length release and not only a few odd pieces here and there.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:09 pm

Hawk wrote:WOW great pictures! Always so unusually usual... I WANT THAT ORANGE LIZARD THING!! :smt007 I think it was once the little fish...and the paper octopus... I think David's camera has magic powers.

Is it just me or does 'Directors Chair' move when you scroll down? I think it's an illusion... the tiles look like they get bigger.

Awesome.

i want that orange geko also...
neonico

Postby Blemished on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:55 pm

baht habit wrote:Simon, thanks for making us aware of the new photo set. I had assumed that the pictures taken of Dai Fujikura conducting the members of ICE were from an earlier session that produced Five Lines, but I was wrong. Five Lines was completed back at some point in April and these pics (those three that include the string quartet featuring Jennifer Curtis and Erik Carlson on violins) are from a recent session consisting of music that Fujikura is still working on and plans on turning it over to Sylvian after some rearranging takes place. I can't help but wonder what sounds Sylvian will present to his fans next as he delves head first into the realm of contemporary orchestral music. I do hope it results in a full length release and not only a few odd pieces here and there.

Am probably being a muso bore with this but spotted a reference to this recording session on the Gearslutz forum - a site where engineers, producers, hobbyists etc argue about whether this microphone is better than that etc etc...some interesting comments re David, Manafon etc.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/534078-david-sylvian-photo-what-studio.html

Anyway, in the thread someone was asking what studio it was (admiring the Neve console) and it was identified as 'The Magic Shop', NYC. I take the photo's title as another example of David's droll sense of humour! I do love his photos.

There's some more studio photos in the link...very nice too.

http://www.magicshopny.com/ms_home.html
Blemished
Site Owner
Site Owner

Return to Solo Work