MANAFON VINYL

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Re: MANAFON VINYL

Postby baht habit on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:29 am

Dreadbear wrote:Keep cool! Matsume have all the right in his world to make his point. Baht is nothing but a bad booty spreading alot of sour vibes in this forum. Some people love Manafon, I´m one who´s not and this is just way things are and supposed to be. But Baht of course blowed his top reading my post earlier this year. To like Manafon or not is not an intellectual issue! Some music hits your heart, some don´t. Please try to be more polite. To diss Manafon is not to diss the members of this forum!

Wowie Zowie. I blew my top, huh? :-)
That is quite unfair to lash out with such a vague portrayal of the facts, dreadbear. You felt it was necessary to make the 'emperor has no clothes' charge. I simply explained the underlying inference within the tale - that the bystanders who willfully went along with the ruse were fooling themselves...they were willing to pretend something was there because they did not want it to seem as if they were unworthy or unable to see. So essentially, the 'emperor has no clothes' charge very well stands as a not so "polite" dismissal of those who find Manafon to be an appealing musical direction.
I hope no one else on the forum will begrudge me for defending myself in this instance, and I hope that my 'sour vibes' don't offend - that is if anyone else agrees that I spread 'sour vibes'. If I am guilty of doing so, perhaps I am emitting these 'sour vibes' in an effort to prevent the full blown poisoning of this forum?
I'll tell you this, when I dance....I am somewhat of a "bad booty". :-)
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Dreadbear on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:37 am

For god sake Bath, give us a rest! You´re ´just to predictable. Did I hear someone shout out for a Bath-filter!??? :lol: I just activated mine.

/Dreabear
Dreadbear
Noob
Noob

Postby baht habit on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:06 pm

Dreadbear wrote:For god sake Bath, give us a rest! You´re ´just to predictable.

If by tagging me with being "predictable", others will see that I am consistent - then I'll gladly plead my guilt. :twisted:
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby karnsculpture on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:24 pm

I want to see a-baht this "bad booty" - you coming to the Stone on the 24th? :wink:
Paul
nightporter.co.uk
karnsculpture
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:17 pm

karnsculpture wrote:I want to see a-baht this "bad booty" - you coming to the Stone on the 24th? :wink:

:-) Will there be a heavy dosage of P-Funk and Ohio Players pumping from the sound system? :-)
But honestly, I am on an entirely different continent that that of the Stone...relaxing at this beautiful shore, hoping and praying that the greed of corporate scum does not bring a filthy commodity drifting to my pristine refuge. I wish all that do attend your event a most enjoyable evening.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Adrian on Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:33 am

I'm still with Baht on this one. If we do need a filter I could think of some other person(s).
The point Baht is trying to make I think is that it is ok to have an opinion but not state it as fact - for instance that all people who like Manafon must be pretentious snobby depressed people; saying so just because you don't like Manafon is ludicrous.
Some people on this forum constantly attack and belittle David's current music - and the people here who do appreciate it. That is unnecessary (either you like it or you don't - and please give reasons for your opinion, but it should end there), and I feel Baht and anyone else will always have the right to defend his opinion. Personally, I like reading his posts, particularly when he has learned something of future releases...
I think we can assume that David won't be making more 'listener friendly' (whatever that is) music any time soon. How much or little money Manafon makes is irrelevant to him (and to me). I can't wait to hear new work. Samadhi Sound is the most interesting record label at the moment. 20 releases in, and they have yet to disappoint me.
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby opiate on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:36 am

Actually, I find Baht was the one that kicked off here. ScottR was voicing an opinion and nothing that warranted the kind of personal attack that ensued. Lets not take sides eh?

It's an appreciation forum sure, but lets not get immediately defensive just because someone doesn't like it. If anybody is posting inflammatory statements and/or trolling, site admin needs to step in and sort it out.
I hear them breathing
They know what I have done, all that I've been through
I tell them secrets
And who's to say it isn't so?
opiate
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby baht habit on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:06 am

opiate wrote:Actually, I find Baht was the one that kicked off here. ScottR was voicing an opinion and nothing that warranted the kind of personal attack that ensued. Lets not take sides eh?

It's an appreciation forum sure, but lets not get immediately defensive just because someone doesn't like it. If anybody is posting inflammatory statements and/or trolling, site admin needs to step in and sort it out.

Let's not take sides, eh??? It seems that you just did, opiate. :-)
My reaction was towards Scott's insistence on taking little pot shots at the portion of Sylvian's fan base who happen to enjoy the contents of Manafon. It has been a continuing trend. If 'voicing an opinion' requires this individual to constantly attempt to marginalize and generalize those with opposing opinions, then I do believe those in dissent have every right to defend themselves. Perhaps it should be taken into account that we are 'voicing an opinion' as well. Why should we allow such blatant disrespect to go unchallenged?
And please point out to me exactly this 'personal attack' which I purportedly leveled on Scott. Can you actually bring yourself to believe that I was the one to break decorum? If I recall correctly, Scott announced very early that he likes to rankle and rile others. He wants to provoke a reaction. I always am fearful that I am playing into his hands when I engage him, but I have made sure to remain consistent, calculated and to never lose my composure.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:48 am

Again haven't read every post, cos I am far too interested in this shiny thing....ooo shiny thing...right focus for a moment...

1. Someone just hit the nail on the head. Opinion when stated like fact is still opinion. It would be prudent and polite to use language that isn't likely to offend.

2. There are people on the forum you might find utterly pretentious, but by the same token the very same people can be very informative and helpful.

3. Squabbling belittles the forum and it's users. Disagree by all means, but don't get personal.

4. Stop being so damn childish.

5. I am right x 10000. No return. Ner ner ne ner ner. You smell of monkey wee.

Hm. back to the shiny thing.

C
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:00 pm

For such manners i nearly got kicked off the forum :( some how for such behavior its ok for one but not the other...

I think its now enough and time for reconciliation......
neonico

Postby camphorvan on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:30 pm

Because Neo, my little wombat, my posting is at least attempting to be humorous. For you, that may have been the case too. However, it may have been lost in translation. And now I will shuffle off of my self righteous soap box. Or is it a Manafon box set?
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby neonico on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:44 pm

camphorvan wrote:Because Neo, my little wombat, my posting is at least attempting to be humorous. For you, that may have been the case too. However, it may have been lost in translation. And now I will shuffle off of my self righteous soap box. Or is it a Manafon box set?

this wasnt a posted towards you camphorvan sorry i would have quoted your post if this was the case .....it was meant in general..

and yes your post was humorous thx..... :smt006

now mick is the important issue hope hes doing well...

i was just killed on the forum for my perhaps rather too abnoxious posts that i thought was funny but no one else...
neonico

Postby Dreadbear on Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:35 am

I must be mad but I may have to buy the Manafon LP-edition just for the gorgeous art-work!

Wicked!

/Dreadbear
Dreadbear
Noob
Noob

Postby Halloway on Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:49 am

I received my copy yesterday. The artwork is indeed wonderful. I don't have a turntable so I can't comment on the audio quality but it looks good on the shelf.
Halloway
Regular
Regular

Postby ScottR on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:28 am

Halloway wrote:I received my copy yesterday. The artwork is indeed wonderful. I don't have a turntable so I can't comment on the audio quality but it looks good on the shelf.

wow... this is so tempting... but I think I'll let this one go

:)
ScottR
Obsessed
Obsessed

PreviousNext

Return to Solo Work