Sylvian Samples

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Sylvian Samples

Postby Despair on Wed May 05, 2010 11:55 am

Thanx to people on here, i converted two tracks that Sylvian sampled from. Arvo Parts - Cantus-In Memory Of Benjamin Britten, which Sylvian used for Wasnt I Joe ?, and The Silver Gun by Shusha Guppy, which was used for Nostalgia. Both these originals are really beautiful pieces in their own right. Get them from youtube and convert them to mp3.

Has anyone, any links to other pieces that Sylvian has sampled from ?????
Despair
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Sylvian Samples

Postby ScottR on Wed May 05, 2010 1:36 pm

The persian love song thing is kind of interesting. I always thought that Holger Czukay was the main influence for this. Check out his version on his Movies lp. I understand that there are new mixes being created by Holgers available as limited editions. I am sure you can find this on youtube. It seems like maybe Dead Can Dance covered this as well.

There is another track that I can think of, Darkest Dreaming. It contain a sample from Djivan Gasparyn. I couldn't tell where it originates, only that its Djivan. I have the stuff he did with Michael Brook & Black Rock.
ScottR
Obsessed
Obsessed

Re: Sylvian Samples

Postby missouriman on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:41 pm

ScottR wrote:The persian love song thing is kind of interesting. I always thought that Holger Czukay was the main influence for this. Check out his version on his Movies lp. I understand that there are new mixes being created by Holgers available as limited editions. I am sure you can find this on youtube. It seems like maybe Dead Can Dance covered this as well.

There is another track that I can think of, Darkest Dreaming. It contain a sample from Djivan Gasparyn. I couldn't tell where it originates, only that its Djivan. I have the stuff he did with Michael Brook & Black Rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TONURhFGbSk

This is the song David sampled. Or at least the instrumental break.

On a seperate note, does anybody know where DS sampled the woman's voice that says "Love will not die" in the live performances segue of "Fire in the Forest" to "Maria".?
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Solo Work