voice

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

voice

Postby neonico on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:09 pm

i was awake the whole night and listened to all the stuff from japan till the update ds like a small kid and come to the conclusion this man has the most amazing voice ive ever heard he is just gifted i woke up with a schock to the love of life

omg i thought where can someone have such a beautiful voice

i would give everthing to have this talent now ltweaker
stuff i hope i fall asleep now immerse your heart....omg let the happiness in omg alles amazing damage ive just melted

now messenger...

lots of love an the japan forum for teaching me just to listen ......
neonico

Re: voice

Postby camphorvan on Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:32 am

Hmmm...that's an interesting point - Sylvian has said that h considered it a bit pathetic to have spent so many years with relatively little work to show for it I think around 2000 + the release of E+N.

So, I wonder - to date, if you calculated the length of each "major" work from start to finish (and it depends how you define "major work"), since Japan how long the total running time would be - how much "stuff" has he actually created....

Calculators at the ready....gooooo!

On another note - good idea Neo to listen from Adolescent Sex all the way to Manafon. That is a marathon session!

C
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby digimarsh on Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:10 am

I had been thinkin on similar lines recently, asking the question how many tracks has david recorded since "78, including all Japan,Rain Tree Crow, Solo ,Nine horses,Collabarations ,guest appearances ect.I find there is sooo much stuff knocking about.
What prompted me to this was the fact that i have an mp3 player just for sylvian related material and one for everyone else, the sylvian player has around 300 tracks on it !
digimarsh
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:39 pm

If the other mp3 player has any Celine Dion on it, I am never speaking to you again. lol

If we're inc all singles, collaborations - blimey - is there an absolutely definitive discography cos the official site certainly doesn't have that!

C
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby digimarsh on Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:42 am

no definatley not,my wife has her on an mp3 though
digimarsh
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:16 pm

Leave your wife digimarsh. You are doomed.

:o
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to Solo Work