David in 2010

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

David in 2010

Postby dconnery1966 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:19 pm

What would you like David to release this year,me personally another Nine Horses album or something similar,
have a bet with my brother on this one if it ever happens,or would you like him to go down the the Manafon road again.
all the best Dougie :D
Ps thats if he intends to release anything this year.
dconnery1966
Obsessed
Obsessed

Re: David in 2010

Postby baht habit on Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:02 pm

There has been speculation that Sylvian has the intention to release the music from When We Return You Won't Recognise Us at some point this year - either as a digital download or a full scale cd release - and I truly hope that is accurate since there was an intriguing lineup of musicians who contributed: John Butcher, Eddie Prevost plus Dai Fujikura and a string section.
So that is all I will hope for and I'd be a contented guy if we get to hear that this year. There are going to be a lot of interesting Samadhi Sound releases this year that will keep our ears quite occupied.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby dconnery1966 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:42 am

Yeah Baht Habit,i have heard that as well about a release hopefully of 'When we return you wont recognise us' in what form i do not know,also something about the background music in Amplified Gesture, which was not on the Manafon album being released in the future but who knows,here is something that might interest you,this came from a good source so dont shoot the messenger here ha ha, Sylvian has been working on new material with his brother Steve Jansen,could this be for Steves next solo album or could it be another Nine Horses project is anybodys guess,who knows time will tell,i think everything looks rosy for the Samadhisound, especially with other releases on the label this year plus a few other anouncements to come, heres hoping.
dconnery1966
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby baht habit on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:42 pm

dconnery1966 wrote:Yeah Baht Habit,i have heard that as well about a release hopefully of 'When we return you wont recognise us' in what form i do not know,also something about the background music in Amplified Gesture, which was not on the Manafon album being released in the future but who knows,here is something that might interest you,this came from a good source so dont shoot the messenger here ha ha, Sylvian has been working on new material with his brother Steve Jansen,could this be for Steves next solo album or could it be another Nine Horses project is anybodys guess,who knows time will tell,i think everything looks rosy for the Samadhisound, especially with other releases on the label this year plus a few other anouncements to come, heres hoping.

That sounds excellent. I know that Jansen had made mention that he was working on composing new material for what could either turn out to be a solo project or a possible Nine Horses release - and that the final outcome would essentially hinge on Sylvian's reception to the music which was presented to him - additionally, any possible contribution from Burnt Friedman would be complimentary to the project. I'm sure any such material will be top notch in whatever form it is eventually released.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:06 am

I'd like David to release an instrumental Manafon then we could hear a bit more of the musicians contributions. Seriously as much as I love his voice it's mixed way too high on this album for me.
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Adrian on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:44 am

Yeah, I'd like 'When we return you won't recognize us' to be released as well. And a 2cd 'The Manafon Sessions' would be fantastic...
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Foales Arishes on Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:01 am

Adrian wrote:Yeah, I'd like 'When we return you won't recognize us' to be released as well. And a 2cd 'The Manafon Sessions' would be fantastic...

Yes, that would be good.
Foales Arishes
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby jon abbey on Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:52 am

there are of course plenty of records out from all of those musicians, depending on which ones you're most interested in, I'd be happy to recommend some.
jon abbey
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Adrian on Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:43 am

and if you're interested in the most beautiful album of 2009, it's Radu Malfatti + Klaus Filip, Imaoto. Like an instrumental Manafon left under a glacier for a long time - I can't really explain why it's so beautiful, but just LISTEN to it and open your heart.
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Chet on Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:44 am

i'm waiting for the Manafon vinyl that will appear soon.
usually they need to make a different master for the vinyl pressing,
and who knows, maybe his voice will be a bit less loud in the mix.
well, at least that's what i hope for...
And my heart sings of many things
Chet
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Tin Bird on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:25 pm

I am w you guys on the Manafon instrumental album...I love the background sounds and think it would make a nice album. That followed w a new Nine Horses album would be splendid.
When I cannot sing my heart...I can only speak my mind...
Tin Bird
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby digimarsh on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:36 am

I just hope he releases something this year, anything ,so we don't have another long wait
digimarsh
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Q Quarters on Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:40 am

Wouldn't it be nice if DS released something against all our expectations. Something radically different. Maybe a Nu-Glam album? :-D :-D
Q Quarters
Regular
Regular

Postby ScottR on Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:58 pm

Something listenable for change would be nice. :)
ScottR
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Q Quarters on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:34 pm

ScottR wrote:Something listenable for change would be nice. :)

What do you mean? I can singalong to most of Manafon :D 125 Spheres being my favourite :-D
Q Quarters
Regular
Regular

Next

Return to Solo Work